Fury v wilder

4 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Yeah I like watching ifl tv, boxing social, fight hype n all them, 

yeah that's all anyone can ask for no matter who you're backing ? That the fights happen, and that when they do happen it ain't years too late 

Yep, look at mayweather/paqciao. Whether you're a mayweather fan or not, he ducked the fight til pacman was past his best. We all know nowadays that's what happens, and it's even more annoying/frustrating that the promoters etc have as much of a say really in who any fighter actually fights. We know that's always sort of happened, but now it's all about splits, ppv,  etc etc

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed it with football too.just a better insight and passion for it.

you see max that's where we disagree....and I think your very wrong.....iron mike had great footwork..and superb headmovement...the amount of shots that slid past his head in his early fights was some

First time I’ve seen a p***y get robbed  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yep, look at mayweather/paqciao. Whether you're a mayweather fan or not, he ducked the fight til pacman was past his best. We all know nowadays that's what happens, and it's even more annoying/frustrating that the promoters etc have as much of a say really in who any fighter actually fights. We know that's always sort of happened, but now it's all about splits, ppv,  etc etc

Mayweather-Pacquiao was left to marinate too long, then when it happened it was more or less a sailed ship... I rate mayweather as one of, if not the best, of my generation. But he wanted absolutely no part of a prime Pacquiao, he also boxed de la Hoya when he was on the slide, among others 

there has always been politics and skullduggery where boxing is concerned, but as you say, the politics and behind the scenes sh*t in modern day boxing is a joke at times 

talking of De la hoya, I've been very critical of him and golden boy promotions lately , but canelo-Jacobs is a proper fight and it's a shame we don't get proper fights often enough 

But if every fight was like saucedo-zappavigna was (my fight of 2018 hands down) thered be no buzz for  the real gems 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Mayweather-Pacquiao was left to marinate too long, then when it happened it was more or less a sailed ship... I rate mayweather as one of, if not the best, of my generation. But he wanted absolutely no part of a prime Pacquiao, he also boxed de la Hoya when he was on the slide, among others 

there has always been politics and skullduggery where boxing is concerned, but as you say, the politics and behind the scenes sh*t in modern day boxing is a joke at times 

talking of De la hoya, I've been very critical of him and golden boy promotions lately , but canelo-Jacobs is a proper fight and it's a shame we don't get proper fights often enough 

But if every fight was like saucedo-zappavigna was (my fight of 2018 hands down) thered be no buzz for  the real gems 

100% agree with your first paragraph ?. Also, over the years, there have many times when a particular champion has lost a fight and been given the decision.

Happened a couple of times with marciano, and fairly recently, I believe that mayweather lost at least three fights. 

Similarly, don't really care what max thinks of my opinions, but again, fury definitley beat wilder, yet it was a draw, f***ing joke

Fury is technically the Lineal Heavyweight champ after beating Wlad. The victor replaces the previous holder . You can only become Lineal Champ by either beating the previous champion in the ring, or if the lineal champ retires then there is a box off bettween two or more top contenders to see who gets recognised as the Lineal champ. Fury took it from Wlad and there has not been a box off either to name a new Lineal champ .hth

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/anthony-joshua-tyson-fury-lineal-heavyweight-world-champion-boxing-a8535236.html

It depends how it works now but it used to be accepted that the fighter acknowleged as the Ring belt holder that was the lineal champion but Ring is not as coveted as it once was due to being bought by GBP. According to this link of all the Heavyweight Lineal champions Wlad was the last recognised lineal champion but it is an old link and dated as November 12th 2012, so either Fury is not recognised as Lineal champ or this link has just not been updated after Fury beat him on November 11th 2015 .A few surprise names on there previous to Wlad having it mind . 

https://www.si.com/boxing/photos/2012/11/12lineal-heavyweight-champions

Edited by MickC
Wi
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Billy b said:

Joshua - "I thought fury beat Wilder. Fury is a huge fight for me"

makes a change from he's recent bashings of fury and all he does

think big Joshua is realising that fury is likely going to go into wilder rematch a fitter & more switched on fighter, beat him & then he knows he's biggest & best fight he's going to get 

Was that on Graham Norton show last night ? I watched it and Joshua spoke well about both Fury and Wilder, not a bad word about either of them. I watched a Youtube clip months back and it was mentioned that both Fury and Joshua do talk on the phone to each other apparently. 

1 hour ago, MickC said:

Was that on Graham Norton show last night ? I watched it and Joshua spoke well about both Fury and Wilder, not a bad word about either of them. I watched a Youtube clip months back and it was mentioned that both Fury and Joshua do talk on the phone to each other apparently. 

Could've been mate, I saw it on boxingscene though 

Yeah there's probably not real animosity between the two , pics of Wilder& fury getting on backstage wasn't there 

25 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Could've been mate, I saw it on boxingscene though 

Yeah there's probably not real animosity between the two , pics of Wilder& fury getting on backstage wasn't there 

At end of the day there just competing sportsmen and even if they are huge rivals I doubt there is any hatrid between the three, unlike some fighters who absolutely detest each other. I can however see a bit needle between Fury and Wilder if they are rematching next, both know the loser will fall by the wayside and lose out massively in terms of money and legacy .

9 minutes ago, MickC said:

At end of the day there just competing sportsmen and even if they are huge rivals I doubt there is any hatrid between the three, unlike some fighters who absolutely detest each other. I can however see a bit needle between Fury and Wilder if they are rematching next, both know the loser will fall by the wayside and lose out massively in terms of money and legacy .

Agree mate, by n large boxers have a lot of respect for one another even though there is a few that legitimately detest each other 

yeah, a lot more at steak now for fury & Wilder 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

No your claim Hearns would beat Fury and that Fury Is not the lineal champion and your a boxer.

You couldn't make it up ?

Wrong again max. I'm not a boxer, I said I 'used' to box.

And the hearns fury analogy I made, I still stand by, if hearns was to catch fury flush on the chin, he'd knock fury out. What's so hard to understand about that? He was a devastating puncher at whatever weight he fought at, and fury definitely hasen't got the best chin.

Regading fury being lineal champion, well, after reading the links that mick put up,  looks like I might've been incorrect. What I read about about anyone being lineal champion was pretty complicated, as I started going through their fight records etc. Fury might well be lineal champion ?

18 hours ago, MickC said:

Fury is technically the Lineal Heavyweight champ after beating Wlad. The victor replaces the previous holder . You can only become Lineal Champ by either beating the previous champion in the ring, or if the lineal champ retires then there is a box off bettween two or more top contenders to see who gets recognised as the Lineal champ. Fury took it from Wlad and there has not been a box off either to name a new Lineal champ .hth

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/anthony-joshua-tyson-fury-lineal-heavyweight-world-champion-boxing-a8535236.html

It depends how it works now but it used to be accepted that the fighter acknowleged as the Ring belt holder that was the lineal champion but Ring is not as coveted as it once was due to being bought by GBP. According to this link of all the Heavyweight Lineal champions Wlad was the last recognised lineal champion but it is an old link and dated as November 12th 2012, so either Fury is not recognised as Lineal champ or this link has just not been updated after Fury beat him on November 11th 2015 .A few surprise names on there previous to Wlad having it mind . 

https://www.si.com/boxing/photos/2012/11/12lineal-heavyweight-champions

Brill reading that mick

Lineal champion means absolutely fcuk all to me..., especially given that Fury was unavailable to defend his ‘title’ for nearly 3 years. Add to that he was handed a 2 year drugs ban, I think anyone spouting about Fury being the ‘lineal’ champion, or any sort of  champion is clutching at straws. 

• Like 2