Fury v wilder

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed it with football too.just a better insight and passion for it.

you see max that's where we disagree....and I think your very wrong.....iron mike had great footwork..and superb headmovement...the amount of shots that slid past his head in his early fights was some

First time I’ve seen a p***y get robbed  

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I think Tyson was already a broken man when he fought Douglas partying all night coked of his head all the time and little training wether he was convinced he was unbeatable in his head who knows but when he was younger and focused he was a very good fighter better than what's about today imo max i think Tyson had far better speed and movement than wilder and would of got in to furys ribs and closed the gap that fury likes early but I do agree fury will beat wilder again maybe go for a stoppage this time as he will be fitter and mentally stronger 

Tyson was on the slide well before the Douglas loss,once Rooney walked away after the Spinks fight Tyson was on his own and left to his own devices.Rooney was the last of the original team Tyson and boy did it show once he was out the picture.Gone was the discipline,footwork,head movement,blistering combinations,elusiveness and Tyson started to get hit !! Tysons first fight after Spinks and the first without Rooney was the Bruno fight and Tyson probably got hit clean more in that fight than the rest of his career put together up until that point.After the Spinks fight Tyson relied soley on intimidation and the reckless brute force straight ahead approach.Tysons discipline was so bad that even if Rooney had stayed he may have got beaten anyway so its anybodys guess how long he would have continued unbeaten tbh. Douglas got Tyson at the right time,he did nothing before the Tyson fight hence the massive odds and also done nothing after the Tyson fight. Tyson was a fool to himself and just like the rest of us we have all made mistakes and messed things up,just for Tyson it happened to be infront of the whole World who had been mesmerised by him up until the Douglas loss.

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, MickC said:

Tyson was on the slide well before the Douglas loss,once Rooney walked away after the Spinks fight Tyson was on his own and left to his own devices.Rooney was the last of the original team Tyson and boy did it show once he was out the picture.Gone was the discipline,footwork,head movement,blistering combinations,elusiveness and Tyson started to get hit !! Tysons first fight after Spinks and the first without Rooney was the Bruno fight and Tyson probably got hit clean more in that fight than the rest of his career put together up until that point.After the Spinks fight Tyson relied soley on intimidation and the reckless brute force straight ahead approach.Tysons discipline was so bad that even if Rooney had stayed he may have got beaten anyway so its anybodys guess how long he would have continued unbeaten tbh. Douglas got Tyson at the right time,he did nothing before the Tyson fight hence the massive odds and also done nothing after the Tyson fight. Tyson was a fool to himself and just like the rest of us we have all made mistakes and messed things up,just for Tyson it happened to be infront of the whole World who had been mesmerised by him up until the Douglas loss.

Agreed even Tyson himself says that Douglas was a bum and not a good fighter but that night he fought like a lion and won 

1 hour ago, MickC said:

There, at last you've now said that tyson was 'already on his way down' before the douglas fight. But,.......... before all that shit, he would certainly have HAMMERED FURY, in his prime, in his back yard or on the f***ing moon! FACT ?

Edited by shaaark
11 minutes ago, shaaark said:

There, at last you've now said that tyson was 'already on his way down' before the douglas fight. But,.......... before all that shit, he would certainly have HAMMERED FURY, in his prime, in his back yard or on the f***ing moon! FACT ?

Oops, sorry mick, thought I was replying to max! Lol Apologies ?

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, MickC said:

A very good post mick that explained it better than I could that's what I was trying to say to max when Tyson was disciplined and focused he would of been just to quick and his movement combinations etc would of had fury in trouble far earlier than wilder did I couldn't see fury lasting that long with a young Tyson never mind winning 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For all of furys technical ability he doesn't carry any power, so the top lads aren't intimidated in any way by him, they are happy to take a punch to land a punch...Mike Tyson wouldve knocked him clean out, I have no doubt in my mind about that... I also think AJ will stop him... I don't dislike Fury, quite the opposite, that's just how I see it....

• Like 2
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

For all of furys technical ability he doesn't carry any power, so the top lads aren't intimidated in any way by him, they are happy to take a punch to land a punch...Mike Tyson wouldve knocked him clean out, I have no doubt in my mind about that... I also think AJ will stop him... I don't dislike Fury, quite the opposite, that's just how I see it....

You are right so he needs to do his winning now because when he gets older and the legs go he’s Donald ducked. He doesn’t have the punchers chance

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

You are right so he needs to do his winning now because when he gets older and the legs go he’s Donald ducked. He doesn’t have the punchers chance

I also think some of the top heavies mentioned on this thread wouldve made short work of AJ and Wilder...Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield, Holmes, Bowe would all have been too much for the current 3 in my book... it could still be an exciting couple of years if the matches are made...just we shouldn't get too carried away at the moment...if one of these retires beating all comers then we can judge their career and position in the hall of fame...

Unfortunately I don't remember a time when politics, money and promoters affected the scene so much.....well maybe Don King...lol

• Like 4
2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I also think some of the top heavies mentioned on this thread wouldve made short work of AJ and Wilder...Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield, Holmes, Bowe would all have been too much for the current 3 in my book... it could still be an exciting couple of years if the matches are made...just we shouldn't get too carried away at the moment...if one of these retires beating all comers then we can judge their career and position in the hall of fame...

Unfortunately I don't remember a time when politics, money and promoters affected the scene so much.....well maybe Don King...lol

I’d say the only one that had the chance was wilder purely on his punch power alone

15 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I’d say the only one that had the chance was wilder purely on his punch power alone

It's only opinions mate, but I.put him the worst of the current 3 personally.... his boxing ability is limited, as Fury proved in his first proper fight after a 3 year lay off.... as much as fury has limited power but can box wilder is the opposite I would say...AJ is a better boxer than Wilder and a bigger hitter than Fury...let's see what happens when he fights one of them....

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, MickC said:

You're right there, used to love watching Tyson in his early years, he could box as well as bang!

• Like 4
12 hours ago, robertb123 said:

You're right there, used to love watching Tyson in his early years, he could box as well as bang!

brill that Robert..really shows the science behind the way different punches are thrown....

frightening wasn't he in them early days.....he really was a very dangerous human being

• Like 2