Fury v wilder

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed it with football too.just a better insight and passion for it.

you see max that's where we disagree....and I think your very wrong.....iron mike had great footwork..and superb headmovement...the amount of shots that slid past his head in his early fights was some

First time I’ve seen a p***y get robbed  

Posted Images

How can a certain champion pick and choose who they fight  or defend against?! Should be 1st ranked to fight the champion  and if the champion refuses to defend against the 1st ranked, he gets stripped of the title

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, shaaark said:

How can a certain champion pick and choose who they fight  or defend against?! Should be 1st ranked to fight the champion  and if the champion refuses to defend against the 1st ranked, he gets stripped of the title

Even I can answer this one - for those that decide, it's all about the money now. The sportsmanship and pride for the fighter is probably less than 50% of what's involved now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Wilder doesn't want to fight fury again, or joshua. Like I've been saying, he was extremely lucky to beat ortiz, who was, as far as I'm concerned, the best opponent he fought, before fury. He was helped by the ref and a doctor, and should've lost the fight. He only took the fury fight cos he thought it'd be a walkover. Wilder is pretty damn poor, with a poor array of skills, can't throw a decent right hand, don't care how many people talk about his power. Fury's been dropped more than a few times in sparring etc, and by cruiserweights, which is basically the weight that wilder fought him at. He actually weighed in at 209lb in the morning of the weigh in. It's pretty easy to have an impressive looking k o record when you've been fighting half threats for 99 % of your career, and pick and choose easy opponents, which is exactly what wilder has done, more or less ALL HIS PRO CAREER

fair point mate , he knows fury  would beat him in a rematch , and Aj  will beat him  if they ever fight  . is this miller any good  looks just big fat slob , think he might fight Aj  or white  next fight  . who fury fighting next year  ?

23 minutes ago, bird said:

fair point mate , he knows fury  would beat him in a rematch , and Aj  will beat him  if they ever fight  . is this miller any good  looks just big fat slob , think he might fight Aj  or white  next fight  . who fury fighting next year  ?

Well ray, as far as I can see, this miller is pretty useful, but not very technical. Uses his weight as much as skill in the fights I've seen him in. Don't think he's much of a threat to joshua to be honest, or any of the top few

Its been mentioned before on here but if Joshua and Wilder truly wanted to fight each other the fight would have been made if not in 2018 then early 2019.There both as bad as each other, its a case of who to believe and who not to believe and that's what it comes down to. Wilder could of picked Joshua over Fury in December but he didn't and Joshua could have picked Wilder for April but it isn't happening.Wilder partly agreed to a 15 million flat offer from Joshua then bailed when he realised how much the fight would gross,Hearn himself saying it was a 100 million plus fight. Joshua then told Wilder to get a 50 million contract and the fight was his,the contract was delivered through Showtime but Hearn denied its existence and said it was bogus !! Hearn said that there was no proof of funds attached but that was because he himself did not request it.This despite Joshua being under contract with Showtime with his last 5/6 fights being shown either live or delayed in America,Wilder was getting the same deal with Showtime. Hearn however has jumped to Dazn so whatever was in the pipeline that could have happened under Showtime is now gone and another deal will need to be set up. Joshua recently went to America "begging" for the Wilder fight then returned to the UK and immediately offered Wilder another flat fee deal which Wilder and his team are never going to accept.Joshua could put an end to all this immediately if he offered Wilder a % deal instead of a flat fee.The two biggest grossing fights were both done with % deals (Pac/Mayweather  Mgregor/Mayweather). Basically it boils down to theses two trains of thought from the fans.Joshua gave Parker a 33% deal for there fight and so Wilders fans see Joshua refusing to offer Wilder a % deal as its Joshua that's ducking and on the other side of it all Joshuas fans see it as Wilder ducking as he will not accept a flat fee that would be more than anything he has earned so far in his career. If a % deal was offered then we would know 100% who was the one that's ducking,until then its unlikely the fight happens anytime soon .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2

Good informed and thought out post MickC, although all the he said, she said and brinksmanship in these negotiations it’s likely the punters will never see the whole truth.

Sure I read Joshua say he doesn’t want to fight at a half empty Wembley in April.., so that leaves only two options if he’s to sell it out. I believe both can still be made and hopefully we’ll hear positive news early in the new year..., barring a Wilder Fury rematch of course. Contrary to what a lot of people will say, I don’t think that suits Hearn or Sky so hopefully they’ll make the right move to give us a big fight in the spring.

On 22 December 2018 at 09:17, dogmandont said:

You keep coming out with this ripping people off malarkey max but people will pay for fights and the fighters they want to watch and it really is as simple as that, 99% of fury’s fights have been like watching paint dry to the casual boxing fan and that’s not what heavy weight boxing is about to us. I’ll be paying for the framton fight tonight because I want to watch two highly skilled boxers going toe to toe in an exciting bout how many of fury’s fights bar his last could you say that about.

you call that toe to toe do you , i call it scared to death of each other

• Haha 1

Fury v Joshua would more than sell out Wembley but Fury has already said he's not fighting till after his baby is born, a fight the size of one between them two needs to be planned out anyway not rushed to fit in a deadline .

• Like 2
7 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Joshua's Robotic type movement is man made for Fury.

Wilder closes in much quicker and is a heavier one punch hitter .

Josh needs 2-3-4 punches 

He won't get close enough ' quick enough to Fury for me.

In that respect Davison is correct .

The difference is AJ know how to get these combos, what do you think happens after that first one hits you?