Fury v wilder

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed it with football too.just a better insight and passion for it.

you see max that's where we disagree....and I think your very wrong.....iron mike had great footwork..and superb headmovement...the amount of shots that slid past his head in his early fights was some

First time I’ve seen a p***y get robbed  

Posted Images

It isn’t necessarily up to AJ who he fights if he wants to keep all his belts. At some point he needs to fulfil his obligation to each board and fight his mandatories. His aim is to unify the division, so Wilder and the WBC has to be on the radar. Unfortunately the draw in LA leaves Fury in a poor bargaining position to get a fight with AJ. Maybe the most likely scenario is that AJ fights his IBF mandatory in the spring, and fights Wilder (or the winner of a rematch with Fury) later in the year. To be able to unify the division, however briefly, has to be the ultimate aim for Joshua.

• Like 2

As I said before I'm not a fan of Fury, Joshua or Wilder, but I can understand where they are coming from. Fury has nothing to lose and everything to gain whoever he fights. Joshua and Wilder have belts they could lose so fighting another belt holder would make far more sense than fighting someone with no belts.

None of them need the money and I'm sure none of them could care less what a random bloke on THL says about them.

14 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

It's about Pride ' proving your the best out there in that division .

Furys stock is now sky high

Probably more so than AJs

It would be the biggest money spinner for them both.

Its the Fight boxing fans now want to see and without those fans the game is nothing.

Thats what Fury has to offer.

You prove you’re the best by holding all the belts.., that’s why it’s called ‘undisputed’.

Fury’s stock is not sky high, he’s got nothing to offer but an easy marketable fight in the UK but not the US.

It might be the biggest money spinner for both but like you say it’s not about the money ? 

Joshua probably made 3x what Fury did v’s Wilder when he fought Parker or Povetkin in the UK. Joshua doesn’t need Fury right now, he needs the WBC belt and to hang on to the other three. Fury not beating Wilder leaves him with fewer options. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, darbo said:

Then it comes out in barry hearns tweet AJ turned down the wilder fight?

Wow ! Hats off to Tyson Fury - great performance. So pleased AJ didn’t accept 50 million to get robbed by us judges !

Adam Smith (Sky) is having a right old dig at Hearn and Joshua in that 645 link. Its also mentioned in an online Sun article that Barry Hearn stated that

“ We have a business plan that is all about selling tickets and making a lot of money “

“ We can fight Mickey Mouse and still sell all these tickets, we dont care if he never fights Deontay Wilder “ 

Joshua has a free slot in April so he can fight anybody he wants but Wilder has to fight his mandatory Brezeale next, however a unification fight takes presedence over a defence so a fight with Wilder could be made next if they both truly want it to happen.As already pointed out Fury has nothing to offer and only Wilder had a rematch clause so it may be harder for him to get a fight with either of them unless he is granted an immediate rematch by the WBC which is possible as the BBBOC have lodged an appeal and also the Irish Boxing Board have done the same now. Deas, Wilders trainer has said he would rematch Fury in UK if a Joshua fight cant be made. No point arguing over it on here lads, we all want them to fight each other, what will be will be. Lets see what happens in 2019 . ?

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

I think Joshua is a better boxer technically than Wilder, with almost as much power....bigger more robust man with the ability to work the body....work on the inside....think he would stop Wilder......look at round 12 again....Wilder took a turn ( dog parlance) wanted out.....one heavy hand from Furey and he would have stopped....Joshua will use his weight advantage and tie him up....he still has the equaliser though....should be interesting.....

i'd say Joshua will fight both of them now....flaws in both.....rumour has it that wilder and Joshua is a donedeal for the summer among  travellers....maybe crusty has heard....think Wilder would want to go for big bucks against Josh before fighting Fury again...

heavyweight rankings....

1. Fury.

2. Joshua.

3. Wilder.

4. Whyte.

Hearn will want to go for Wilder first to set up battle of Britian with Fury for mega bucks....Joshua improving his boxing skills with each fight.....Wilder just relying on the big punch.....doubts will creep into Wilders head now....

1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

Wilder would take AJ out' he's so unorthodox and not a very good boxer but his jab has improved and he's Fast at closing in and landing and AJ ain't got the movement of Fury to keep out the way of Wilder and he def ain't got the punch resistance of Fury.

Hed still be knocking out Z's now if he'd took the same punches Fury did other night .

Not as many as I'm knocking out mind listening to some of you clueless fookers excuses for AJ on here ?

Max I think Wilder is a danger to anyone. Fury always had my vote on points because he doesn't have th ko power. Where AJ technically is not at Fury level he has more power so when he lands on Wilder, which he will, wilder MAY go over. Then IF that was AJ in 12th I don't think he was getting up, not if first number he saw was 6! I have never seen a recovery like that.

Fury on Sunday was good at avoiding being hit 90% of the time but had no defence for the other ten. He avoids with movement which he is good at but when one gets through its full power. With a defence and proper guard if one gets through its power is usually diluted. AJs movement is poor but he usually covers up well. Wilder relies on staying out of reach and having an unorthodox style....which now people know it won't work as well.

All in all the 3 top fighters in the world all have their flaws in different parts of their game so on their night I believe any one of them could take it. That's why it is so interesting at the minute.

I genuinely believe that who ever u are a fan off you cannot be 100% confident of then beating all comers every time and realising their flaws and vulnerabilities is what makes it worth watching because it keeps u on the edge of ur seat.

Anyone who says boxer X takes it every time is deluded and not worth wasting the effort talking to! No one wins every time in heavy weight.

• Like 3

Fury was great on Sunday morning, best he's fought by a long way, he'll be kicking himself that he got tagged in that last round because before that he almost fought the perfect fight against a heavy hitting fighter....but....

This is surely the time for the 3 best in the division to fight...all this talk of avoiding etc is stupid...AJ had no reason to fight Fury..he was f****d for 2 years in that time Joshua has grown as a fighter...Wilder was asking too much first time around with AJ...this is business as well, f**k risking your life if the reward ain't right...but now it's set..Fury can't call the shots (yet) when he took his "sabbatical"..Lol...the belts went elsewhere..AJ took.on a still dangerous Klit and that was a great fight..he wouldve learnt a lot..

I think AJ has the beating of Wilder, this fight took.a lot out of Wilder...Fury sticks to a game plan and executes it better than any of them, he is by far the best boxer, he's hard to hit and is an awkward f****r...AJ will struggle with Fury no doubt...the fight will happen but I think it'll be after Wilder and AJ meet to unify...

Oh and best since Ali....haha

..I know you love a wind up Max buy that did make me chuckle lol

• Like 4