Depression

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ray,its clear you have no real understanding of depression,you can take all the meds in the world and it will never sort out the mind of a manic depressive,and you got the patience of a saint ...id be

currently caring for my dear lady at the moment. breast cancer, I used to be one happy chappy, but now, yes im depressed. but I put on a brave face for the sake of her, I could go on and on, but I dun

if you could put depression into some sort of order  this is the way id describe it ,,firstly ,theres slight depression ,kind of like an umbrella over them,...when some one gets down in the dumps, ,,t

Posted Images

as ive said I also had a good friend that took his own life through depression,and four months me and a mate thought we could of done more,i in know way thought he would of took his own life I still miss him till this day and when I hear the word depression he is the first person I think of ,my heart goes out to any one suffering with it,and to the people that are caring for some one with depression

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Like Bird? Soz Ray ?

Cheers, D.

well i know one thing, from reading this post  , is my sister partner died  2 weeks ago from cancer , i got very down regards  it, liked the bloke alot , few others in my family were very low  as well.  he had only 5 weeks to live, but  he was very brave, told me my sister and others, to try and enjoy life and not be sad/ depressed  about him.  i am just about  got me mind right regards this, well if a dying man can fight depression , in his last 2 weeks of his  life , well us healthy people should fookin fight it , i rather have me yes fooked lower back,  or depressed  mind  , than bloody lung cancer  ,  like i said on this post  thank your lucky stars  your just depressed , there tons of people  hell of a lot worse  deff .

You can tell this site is full of delusional old quacks that don't have a f***ing clue about real life. I won't get into my personal circumstances but anyone that thinks a chin up, man up or pat on the back is any form of cure has never been their or known anyone with it. I know I'm not good at thinking before I speak but you dodery old c**ts need to sort your heads out!

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

You can tell this site is full of delusional old quacks that don't have a f***ing clue about real life. I won't get into my personal circumstances but anyone that thinks a chin up, man up or pat on the back is any form of cure has never been their or known anyone with it. I know I'm not good at thinking before I speak but you dodery old c**ts need to sort your heads out!

Can't blame them mate, ignorance is bliss! It's the era they were brought up in

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, bird said:

well i know one thing, from reading this post  , is my sister partner died  2 weeks ago from cancer , i got very down regards  it, liked the bloke alot , few others in my family were very low  as well.  he had only 5 weeks to live, but  he was very brave, told me my sister and others, to try and enjoy life and not be sad/ depressed  about him.  i am just about  got me mind right regards this, well if a dying man can fight depression , in his last 2 weeks of his  life , well us healthy people should fookin fight it , i rather have me yes fooked lower back,  or depressed  mind  , than bloody lung cancer  ,  like i said on this post  thank your lucky stars  your just depressed , there tons of people  hell of a lot worse  deff 

Words of a fool.

33 minutes ago, bird said:

well i know one thing, from reading this post  , is my sister partner died  2 weeks ago from cancer , i got very down regards  it, liked the bloke alot , few others in my family were very low  as well.  he had only 5 weeks to live, but  he was very brave, told me my sister and others, to try and enjoy life and not be sad/ depressed  about him.  i am just about  got me mind right regards this, well if a dying man can fight depression , in his last 2 weeks of his  life , well us healthy people should fookin fight it , i rather have me yes fooked lower back,  or depressed  mind  , than bloody lung cancer  ,  like i said on this post  thank your lucky stars  your just depressed , there tons of people  hell of a lot worse  deff .

Sorry ray but youve not a clue what your talking about ,YOU DONT KNOW ONE THING ,,it looks to me you dont know f***ing anything at all ..someone with ''DEPRESSION'' is incapable of fighting  it when in the midst of the sickness ,ive lived through it ,saw my parents do everything in their power to get any and every form of help for my sister ,along the way ive met loads of folk suffering from the sickness,i became friends with a 17 year old lad that hung himself from relentless bullying from school mates ,..its not as  simple as pulling yerself together and getting on with life ,not with depression ,what you speak of is GRIEVING FOR A LOST FAMILY MEMBER ,ive  been through it when my father died of cancer ,and my mother ,

like i said on this post  thank your lucky stars  your just depressed , there tons of people  hell of a lot worse  deff .

what a ridiculous comment to make and shows you have not one inkling how the sickness effects a person ..go volunteer and work with folk that suffer from it Ray ,you really would be doing yourself a favour ,

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 8

ray have to agree mate your out of order with what your saying,if you had been around some one suffering from it you would not make a statement like that,even worse if it was some one that took there own life

• Like 1

Don't think ray is being funny,he's just seen outwardly suffering at cancers hands and lost someone close to him to it,cancer can be seen with the eye either xray or mri scan so it's there in the physical.Mental illness cannot be seen with xray or any other sort of camera or the eye so it's naturaly hard for folk who don't have total understanding of mental illness to understand it and how it's as much a killer as cancer is..In general you can't compare the two.but human nature makes folk compare things against other things..

• Like 2

You are right Fireman,..and only a fool would seek to compare, the blight of acute depression, or even the far more dangerous tightrope life, of a manic depressive,..to the horrors of terminal cancer. I've lost many dear souls to the Big C, so I am well aware of the horrible, nasty, cu*ish disease...?

• Like 4