The rabbit order.

Is complete.

I missed a few but made a few good shots.

I don't think I will get anymore rws HV ammo again, to many are sub sonic! Wish I could find some eley local.

Oh and it disturbs other rabbit none, no worse than a subbie! What most forget is the racket made by the bullet hitting anything which is usually louder than the subbie leaving the gun!

Anyway another thing about rabbiting is sometimes Charlie comes and takes a look and one did, a mouse squeak and in it came. Shot through the heart in thick cover it crashed about and then silence. The keeper will look for it tomorrow.

The rabbits.

IMG-20181124-194430529.jpg

U.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gooner said:

Good going well done,  how far away was Charlie when you shot ?

About 30 yds think. It was a bit rushed and in thick cover. He was close to winding me too! And I would of been making a good silhouette in the moon, in fact I make a huge shadow ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The one said:

i never liked eley they seemed greasy i and my rifle prefer winchesters and i will never shoot copper tipped ccis they  richotteos  where all over the place 

I don't mind greasy.

Any heeled bullet cartridge is lubricated externally and can get everywhere and gum an action up. That's 22 for you.

Yes NOISE??

I use Subsonic virtually always these days (Winchester & RWS), however when 'we' had loads of Rabbits in South Devon 1995 until 2003, I used to nearly always use Winchester Lazer HV, and to be honest the rabbits didn't seem at all bothered by the crack delivered by same? I only started to routinely use Sub's because of new Neighbours, Horsey folk and so on, as they probably were best served by not knowing I was about, and this remains my M.O.

The Rabbit population here has just about disappeared ? Where back in the day I could shoot 20+ in 15 minutes, now it takes me 1/2 hour to find one in the 'best' spots and only after dark? How is it in your 'manor'? The Foxes have (not surprisingly) also reduced in proportion, these days the only place they are plentiful is in & around reared Pheasant shoots.

AndyF

• Like 3
1 hour ago, andyf said:

Yes NOISE??

I use Subsonic virtually always these days (Winchester & RWS), however when 'we' had loads of Rabbits in South Devon 1995 until 2003, I used to nearly always use Winchester Lazer HV, and to be honest the rabbits didn't seem at all bothered by the crack delivered by same? I only started to routinely use Sub's because of new Neighbours, Horsey folk and so on, as they probably were best served by not knowing I was about, and this remains my M.O.

The Rabbit population here has just about disappeared ? Where back in the day I could shoot 20+ in 15 minutes, now it takes me 1/2 hour to find one in the 'best' spots and only after dark? How is it in your 'manor'? The Foxes have (not surprisingly) also reduced in proportion, these days the only place they are plentiful is in & around reared Pheasant shoots.

AndyF

Rabbit numbers are way down. New diseases and buzzards I blame.

Old keeper friend of mine use to drum into me to look after the rabbits.

They will feed you.

Make you some money and keep the fox's off yer birds!

Yes, Winchester Lazer, belting round ?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Underdog said:

Rabbit numbers are way down. New diseases and buzzards I blame.

Old keeper friend of mine use to drum into me to look after the rabbits.

They will feed you.

Make you some money and keep the fox's off yer birds!

Yes, Winchester Lazer, belting round ?

Ahh, Winchester lasers, I haven’t used any of those for a while. They are a good hv round?

On 25/11/2018 at 10:16, Underdog said:

Just got a call from the keeper, heart shot and it made 20 yds before piling up.

Rabbits all prepared. All proceeds for charity ....?

Would that charity be your stomach Nathan??

• Haha 1