Brick Kennels I've built

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been building some brick Kennels last couple of weekends ,so I thought I'd share some pics ,the run on the left is 1.5 by 2 m for 2 terriers and the run on the right is 1.5 by 1.5 

All 4 walls are brick  The roof is steel coated sheets  I got all the bricks given off a job came out of a chimney breast I've always liked the old common brick  The sleeping area are b

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Wood lined is best as wood is a natural insulator and holds a constant temp all year where as bare brick or block will feel cold in winter and after a days graft heat is important too. 

I'm lining it with 50 mm kingspam also I will have heat lamps 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Francie said:

Nice job mate, is the four walls all brick?

Or is it joined to existing wall, what have you used for roof?

Have you any pics of inside, looks real good with red brick mate.

All 4 walls are brick 

The roof is steel coated sheets 

I got all the bricks given off a job came out of a chimney breast I've always liked the old common brick 

The sleeping area are boxes around 4x3 which will be lined with kingspam

Then they will have heat lamps

The rest of the shed will have a chest freezer for the dog meat 

IMG_20181124_150441.jpg

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Do you need planning permission for something like that?

That would depend on local bylaws , travel a mile down the road from where I used to live in England and you needed planning permission for anything bigger than a 6x6 wooden shed .. where I live now in NI you can build a garage without planning permission or building control involved as long as it doesn’t cover a certain m2 and it’s no closer than 3 metres to any main drain/sewage pipes 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, 355mlredbull said:

All 4 walls are brick 

The roof is steel coated sheets 

I got all the bricks given off a job came out of a chimney breast I've always liked the old common brick 

The sleeping area are boxes around 4x3 which will be lined with kingspam

Then they will have heat lamps

The rest of the shed will have a chest freezer for the dog meat 

IMG_20181124_150441.jpg

I must say mate, thats a tidy setup, just the way i would like mine, iv recently taken down my old pens, an im looking to build something similar to yours, when you get kennels done could you post more pics, thanks bull

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Francie said:

I must say mate, thats a tidy setup, just the way i would like mine, iv recently taken down my old pens, an im looking to build something similar to yours, when you get kennels done could you post more pics, thanks bull

Yeah no worries pal ,the breeze block boxes will have plywood lift up lids, with mesh underneath for when the heat lamp needs to be on 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Wasn’t criticising mate just stating the benefits of wood, equally they’re easily chewed by dogs also lol, your kennels look grand

No worries pal ,I'll stick some pictures up when there done the boxes will be lined in kingspam then covered in plastic cladding ,wipe clean the floor also have the kingspam with rubber mating ,not sure on the bedding yet I'm thinking straw or paper 

• Like 1