lead free pellets

has anyone had any luck with lead free pellets my local dealer is only stocking lead free stuff now not sure why but thats what im looking at ,, i bought a couple of trial tins they dont seem too bad , Im finding the group not bad but the targets i set my range points with are 12mm ply and the .22s just drill threw and hardly deform the .177s fly threw anything they hit ,shot a bunny with my hw77 in .177 killed the bunny i aimed at and wounded the bugger that was behind it ( not a fan of a 35yard sprint ), i have always used aa fields in my hws but i had to order my last tin online and a third of these were crushed so im back looking at the lead free stuff at the local dealers ,, 

whats folks thoughts on them  

No first hand experience but honestly I don’t like the idea. I’d imagine they are lighter, and harder - so they fly quicker and don’t deform on impact, as you said.

I’m also not sure how I’d feel about putting a material harder than lead through my barrels either.

• Like 1

Is it the dealer who decided to stop selling lead pellets or is it the policy of the poison dwarf who runs Scotland forcing dealers to stop selling them. Just buy them online from a good supplier. As a matter of interest, which lead free pellets are you testing.

Phil

• Like 2

All the lead free I have tryed are rubbish I did have some expensive ones that were ok out to 13 yards . Lead is the only way I have found . may there is loads of water ways around the shop .         """ I’m also not sure how I’d feel about putting a material harder than lead through my barrels either.""" I do think they may clean your barrel 

Edited by barrywhite
8 hours ago, philpot said:

Is it the dealer who decided to stop selling lead pellets or is it the policy of the poison dwarf who runs Scotland forcing dealers to stop selling them. Just buy them online from a good supplier. As a matter of interest, which lead free pellets are you testing.

Phil

it was H&N field target trophy greens ,  in both calibers ,, and the dealer wasnt up for speaking much about it 

I`ll be staying with lead.

I was given some lead free by my RFD and he said, - Tell me what you think of these Mark, with a wry smirk on his face.

By the 5th pellet they were in the bin. :bad:

You say you are using the HW 77 in .177 cal Webster ?

Try JSB Exact Express 4.52, 7.87 g through her.

IMG_1158.JPG.a1eb5b92816ac7b56a119aef1e8307cb.JPG

Outstanding pellet with the HW 77.

atb  Mark.

H&N Greens, yep, only heard poor things about them. In Germany, they are restricted to 6fpe airguns so perhaps at 6fpe, they are ok but at normal sub 12 levels, everyone that has said they have tried them on various forums have said they are crap.

As for the dealer...................................look for another or go online because if he can't be bothered to give you good reasons for stopping lead pellets when his customers want them, he isn't worth dealing with.

Phil

• Like 1
On 24/11/2018 at 08:11, mark williams said:

I`ll be staying with lead.

I was given some lead free by my RFD and he said, - Tell me what you think of these Mark, with a wry smirk on his face.

By the 5th pellet they were in the bin. :bad:

You say you are using the HW 77 in .177 cal Webster ?

Try JSB Exact Express 4.52, 7.87 g through her.

IMG_1158.JPG.a1eb5b92816ac7b56a119aef1e8307cb.JPG

Outstanding pellet with the HW 77.

atb  Mark.

yup 77k in .177 

10 hours ago, webster said:

think its after the hole air guns licence shit hes kinda given up on the airguns ,, alot of shops have up here 

You guys need to vote out the poison dwarf and get someone in power who actually has the some understanding of life outside the make believe world she is trying to create, total wanker.

Phil

• Thanks 1

wouldnt be too bad if as the guns are licensed we could up the power ,, but were stuck with the bullshit as only law abiding folks have applied for the licence so their thousands of non licensed guns out their   

Edited by webster
fat fingers small keys