First look in on the forum for years!

Hello everyone! I used to be a real regular in the airgun section on this forum a few years ago - between around 2008 and 2013, I think.

I moved to Australia (via almost a year in Canada) about 4 years ago, and haven’t done any shooting since - but that’s about to change! You need to be licensed for an airgun here, regardless of its muzzle velociy. My license has just come through (obviously I had a few other more important things to get sorted out first), and I’ll be picking up my new FX Wildcat in the next couple of weeks! I’m so excited to get back to it.

I have an HW95 back at my mum’s place in Norfolk, which I’d harboured dreams of bringing down under with me for the last few years, but I’ve just come to terms with that being really difficult and just too expensive, so I’ll be looking to sell it in the next couple of weeks. I wanted to make a post about it here, rather than posting straight in the classifieds, as I remember years ago always being suspicious of new or long inactive members who only post in classifieds. 

I’ll need to dig out some pictures for the listing too. In the meantime, if anybody is interested, let me know. (Mods, this isn’t an actual advert, please go easy on me!)

Good to see the forum is still active and that there’s plenty of good shooting being done out there.

Cheers!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, villaman said:

177 or .22 ?

It’s a .22, villaman. It’s the original type, with the muzzle weight. I've had it from new, which is more years than I’d like to admit really. It’s in great shape. V-Mach tuned about 6 years ago, and I doubt it’s fired more than 500 shots since then. It’s been packed away for the last 4 years. I’ll see what I can get in the way of pictures and I’ll get an ad posted up.

4 hours ago, flynndog said:

Could be interested if it's the screwcut one 

Replied to your pm mate.

Cheers everyone - a few of you have been knocking around on here forever!

3 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Are you allowed a moderator on the wildcat in Australia Ron?

Unfortunately not. Moderators are almost completely prohibited. There is a bit of a movement pushing for the rules to be relaxed a bit, but I don’t expect that to happen anytime soon sadly.

It’ll certainly have a bit of a woof from the muzzle, spitting out about 33ft/lbs.

Collecting it on Monday, and I’m beyond excited!

*edited for typos

Edited by Ron Weasley
3 hours ago, Ron Weasley said:

Unfortunately not. Moderators are almost completely prohibited. There is a bit of a movement pushing for the rules to be relaxed a bit, but I don’t expect that to happen anytime soon sadly.

It’ll certainly have a bit of a woof from the muzzle, spitting out about 33ft/lbs.

*edited for typos

Once your in this nut house

you cant really leave

even if you cancel your account

you still look in from time to time lol

welcome back Ron

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Ps,, i can seem to remember a post saying some one was moving to the other side of the world

was that you

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ron Weasley said:

*edited for typos

Don’t forget some ear plugs?

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Once your in this nut house

you cant really leave

even if you cancel your account

you still look in from time to time lol

welcome back Ron

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Ps,, i can seem to remember a post saying some one was moving to the other side of the world

was that you

No, that wasn’t me - I think I’d stopped being a regular on here a little before then. I have a vague memory of somebody saying they were going to Canada, perhaps? Military maybe?