And finally i make my mark

9 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

Its been an absolute pleasure mixing with riff raff

i felt so charitable today

off for a gin and tonic now

Pimm's over a game of croquet, surely ?

Bit of a tangent, but a true story....,.....

Last season, I helped a mate out on his shoot, and I got chatting to a lovely elderly lady. She told that she'd once been beating, many years ago,, and met "a delightful chap, absolute gentleman", who she chatted to a few times through the day. Afterwards, she asked her husband if he knew who the man was.

He replied "That's the Duke of Rutland."

• Like 1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive ordered a gift for Ted, to celebrate his new status.......

Will you be finding us plenty to do in the lower field, sir ?  

just applied for my personal plate for ones vehicle 'M Lord"   this should wind up the local religious congregation (most of the town) using the lords name in vain(ity) 

Posted Images

22 hours ago, mackem said:

Bestowed upon you Ted?For your good work in the colonies,I might buy one,wouldn't mind a lordship on my passport.

dave courtny the London gangster gave himself an obe......and refered to himself as dave Cortney obe....yeh I know hes a bit of a twat...but I thought it amusing

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Blackbriar said:

Pimm's over a game of croquet, surely ?

Bit of a tangent, but a true story....,.....

Last season, I helped a mate out on his shoot, and I got chatting to a lovely elderly lady. She told that she'd once been beating, many years ago,, and met "a delightful chap, absolute gentleman", who she chatted to a few times through the day. Afterwards, she asked her husband if he knew who the man was.

He replied "That's the Duke of Rutland."

ive met him a couple of times    david manners  ,duke of rutland  belvoir estate , shot a couple of times on a shoot i keepered years ago  . tight fkr was the only man ever to give me a 10 quid cheque  as a tip   ,, he has a withered right arm    shoots one handed from his left shoulder  good shot  aswell  ,

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, riohog said:

ive met him a couple of times    david manners  ,duke of rutland  belvoir estate , shot a couple of times on a shoot i keepered years ago  . tight fkr was the only man ever to give me a 10 quid cheque  as a tip   ,, he has a withered right arm    shoots one handed from his left shoulder  good shot  aswell  ,

She was an old lady, so perhaps she meant the previous Duke ? She spoke of him in glowing terms.

Used to go to Belvoir Castle when I was a kid........

2 hours ago, TOMO said:

dave courtny the London gangster gave himself an obe......and refered to himself as dave Cortney obe....yeh I know hes a bit of a twat...but I thought it amusing

Good lord (pun intended) i didn't know that ?

3 hours ago, TOMO said:

Met him agood few years ago , couldn't believe how little he was , looks 6ft plus on telly lol

Strangely enough I was told that I hold a title through my ancestors,there are places in Romford that still carry my family name which is not a common one, but I like being a peasant so have never pursued it further and would,nt even no were to start  ???? 

• 2 weeks later...