Coursing Bred

2 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Did anyone use a coursing bred dog for foxes before the ban, I’m not talking about the odd one here and but taking them in decent numbers.

Yes they added what you would expect but the couple i seen seemed happy just to sit behind and try and box them in which didn't always work especially round hedges but there's plenty of saluki crosses doing foxes just not my choice 

• Like 1

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any pups you breed will sell for loads especially if you just put a load of random names like Fred x Suzy out of Hopkins slider bred out the original ball buster dog  No one will question you for

it is definitely the way forward if you wont something you for a bit of every thing and can stay running all night and day coursing blood is the way to go my dog i run now out of my old dog will take

Collie bull greyhound

Posted Images

7 hours ago, white van man said:

My dog has 1/4 saluki in him and I would say that’s enough for me. About an 1/8 collie and the rest grew. He has been easy to train and is clever. His recall is really good and he’s back as soon as the lamps off. Hunts well and uses his nose.

I havnt seemed to bond with him as well as other dogs......maybe because he spends most his time sulking!! Or maybe it’s just me! 

A49DB7F4-427C-4E64-9170-923FCDD0B0F5.png

Looks a cracker 

12 hours ago, Allan P said:

Smart looking animal, you seem pleased with him. What’s in his make up ? 

yer av been in 3  cups with him won 11 matches with him and i run him week in week out he is couming up 5 so he has had plenty proven him self more times than a care to mention and he is out of my old dog rio who is out of fettle and splodge both forly cup winners to a bitch called Bella who is out of benji barny brother to fen feavers nell 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DavoH66 said:

yer av been in 3  cups with him won 11 matches with him and i run him week in week out he is couming up 5 so he has had plenty proven him self more times than a care to mention and he is out of my old dog rio who is out of fettle and splodge both forly cup winners to a bitch called Bella who is out of benji barny brother to fen feavers nell 

Is that dog still going strong Davo, looks a good stamp n sounds like he's had some stick has he remained durable over the years or any injuries etc..

Edited by dodger
3 hours ago, DavoH66 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but all those dogs you have mention are they all Sal/grey and nothing else?

Edited by Allan P
Grammar
15 hours ago, white van man said:

My dog has 1/4 saluki in him and I would say that’s enough for me. About an 1/8 collie and the rest grew. He has been easy to train and is clever. His recall is really good and he’s back as soon as the lamps off. Hunts well and uses his nose.

I havnt seemed to bond with him as well as other dogs......maybe because he spends most his time sulking!! Or maybe it’s just me! 

A49DB7F4-427C-4E64-9170-923FCDD0B0F5.png

Smart animal that... ??

1 hour ago, Allan P said:

Cheers ,thought so but don’t like to assume. 

think fettle had other stuff in her apart from sal and grey.....that fluffy poode coat she had aint from a sal.....most them coursing bred dogs have lurcher in there make up....beddi..deerhound ,,Norfolk etc..

• Like 5

How many of the saluki blood crabbers have reared a puppy like a lurcher and having taken the pup on ,knowing they respond to gentle rearing . Brought on that little bit slower and gave them the time to mature properly and still hate them . But can honestly say they have known what they are doing before rearing it . Genuine question .?

4 hours ago, dodger said:

Is that dog still going strong Davo, looks a good stamp n sounds like he's had some stick has he remained durable over the years or any injuries etc..

yer the dog is still going pal he has picked up the odd nock but nothing Madge pal just a trip to the bone man and week or 2 off hear and there