Free Online Shooting/Hunting Articles?

8 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Cheers for posting. A couple of aussie and Yankee site's have decent stories on.

Yeah, good to share as there are some very decent fieldsports articles out there. I'm particularly interested in rough shooting (wild bird hunting) articles at the moment. Anything on working dogs after woodcock, snipe, duck etc. Be really interesting if there are some Irish stuff in that same vein. Ireland seems a heartland of that sot of shooting that I love.

There was an Eddie Chapman article I read on one of those sites on his experience of terrierwork (I use the term loosely here) in Africa. f***ing pissed myself laughing. By the end I didn't care what was fiction and fact, just a good read.

Edited by Born Hunter
2 minutes ago, mackem said:

I had just been reading it mate,interesting read.

I thought so. No macho bollocks, just thoroughly entertaining reading. This bit had me in bits.

The hole went straight on to the bitch for about fifteen feet I guessed, for my torch only lit up about twelve feet, but she did not seem to be around another bend, at least, but we would have to tunnel in if we were to get the jackal. I climbed out and asked Jim to get the boys to tunnel on, following the hole and he spoke to the head boy, a huge strong man like a heavyweight boxer. The reply was not what we wanted. Even I knew that ‘Binka nacker-mumba-wanka!’ wasn’t positive.

‘Sorry, no tunnelling,’ said Jim ‘they don’t fancy it.’

• Haha 2