Ireland beat the all blacks

Is this just a flash in the pan or can Ireland actually be presumed to be up there with the best. Media are over excited that this young Irish team can be the best or will they be humbled in proper competition time. It would be interesting to hear outside opinions rather than over hyping Irish pundits.

The all blacks have had a long season what if Ireland played in the six nations then fly them straight over to play New Zealand South Africa and Australia I wounder how they would cope with that amount of rugby answer no chance

Edited by coco
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, coco said:

The all blacks have had a long season what if Ireland played in the six nations then fly them straight over to play New Zealand South Africa and Australia I wounder how they would cope with that amount of rugby answer no chance

Probably so but one of the Irish players was asked why wasn't he smiling? And he just said we knew and expected we would beat them.  Like joe scmicht said it still doesn't matter if we meet them again we respect them and they are still the the team to beat.

1 hour ago, walshie said:

They certainly look the most complete team at the moment. 6 nations shouldn't be a problem for them and if they can hold that form till the World Cup next year, who knows?

They don't seem to be getting ahead of themselves but played these guys at underage and walked into this match with no fear. Would that be thinking cocky or knowing we can beat these guys? As said they could get their arse handed back at World Cup but what a bunch of confident young men without taunting people. I think the New Zealand media are more in shock. Joe won't let them over celebrate though. Nothing is won yet but what a nice future if they keep level headed.

• Like 3

First time since 1995 that the all blacks were held try less in the northern hemisphere thats more impressive than the win in my opinion. Would ireland be favorites if the 2 were playing next week no I dont think so but ireland would be favorites against anyone else 

11 minutes ago, jack44 said:

First time since 1995 that the all blacks were held try less in the northern hemisphere thats more impressive than the win in my opinion. Would ireland be favorites if the 2 were playing next week no I dont think so but ireland would be favorites against anyone else 

True but your from Offaly and I'm not to far away so to be honest we are looking through rose tinted glasses 

• Haha 1

AB are still the best team in the world the strength in depth they have is huge we’re talking about Ireland having a purple patch here there good at this moment in time but things change quickly but in AB history it ain’t changed in 100 yrs we can all dream that us Wales Ireland Scotland England will beat them one day great but regular mmmmm I don’t think so they have a different mental edge to there game Ireland knew they were going to be in bits after this game that’s why they’ve opted for America this week I wouldn’t  fancy there chances this week if they were to play SA australia or England this weekend atb