Pocket rocket whippets

23 minutes ago, downsouth said:

A few.Admitedly Ive seen a lot of cloddy shit too but Ive never seen a single bull/whippet with decent pace.I bred a litter myself years ago and even a couple that topped up at 22" were nowhere near as fast as either of my bull greyhound bitches that were a shade under and a shade ove 23" that were both very good fox bitches and could do double figures on rabbits on flat arable for fun.

Are u on about first xs

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the ‘pocket rocket’ as it’s advertised but a very well bred honest dog. 1st cross. also does teeth but don’t fancy putting up pics here lol.  And below is a pup from him to a bitch that is ne

My little patterdale/whippet here in the USA.  She's about 14 inches tts.  Been on coon, possum, groundhog, rabbits and squirrels. 

Brilliant little dogs I'd definitely have another in the future.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Shadow100 said:

What was the point in breeding bull x whippets in the first place apart from that Powell to make a few quid? Can’t see how they’d be an improvement on a decent bull x grey in any situation

It could be like the beddy grey vs beddy whip 

Some people just like the little uns and u know what the say dunt ya

17 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

What was the point in breeding bull x whippets in the first place apart from that Powell to make a few quid? Can’t see how they’d be an improvement on a decent bull x grey in any situation

That’s all they was a money spinner! Chucked in the edrd had smoke blown up There arse,s and then cash in!! 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, mC HULL said:

You hunt more bush aussie whip or do you still run arable fields crop fields

Don't really go after foxes but hunt hilly,dry, stoney sheep country,blackberries and creek lines for rabbits, .My two whippet lurchers and parson handle any foxes that are about with no problems.

5 hours ago, elisderyn said:

That’s all they was a money spinner! Chucked in the edrd had smoke blown up There arse,s and then cash in!! 

Could be true,but selling bullxwhips for 150 to 200 bar aint really cashing in.to be fair mines been worth that 10 times over.

38 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Could be true,but selling bullxwhips for 150 to 200 bar aint really cashing in.to be fair mines been worth that 10 times over.

Men selling lurchers at £500 or even £1000 isn’t purely done for money IMO, you could just do pet breeds and make double that and you wouldn’t have to tell any lies to people buying them, moneys a motivator but for these types of men in running dogs it’s about ego as well, they love making a name for themselves and having all their little groupies talking about how amazing they are on forums like this & Facebook. That’s what I think anyway.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Qbgrey said:

if you have been happy with the dog then everything else is irrelevant ?

• Like 3

I've only seen the one personally from Puss..... A brindle dog called Dai, mustard on rabbits, didn't miss much to be fair, he excelled in woodland around the local golf courses... only seen him on a few foxes and my mate would have to stick em himself, he had the heart no doubt but no weight to really finish them.... Some c**ts stole him because he was getting abit of a name for himself around here?shame I think he would of produced some handy dogs if put to a taller type, I would of put him on my beddy bull grey bitch if he had still been around. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I've only seen the one personally from Puss..... A brindle dog called Dai, mustard on rabbits, didn't miss much to be fair, he excelled in woodland around the local golf courses... only seen him on a few foxes and my mate would have to stick em himself, he had the heart no doubt but no weight to really finish them.... Some c**ts stole him because he was getting abit of a name for himself around here?shame I think he would of produced some handy dogs if put to a taller type, I would of put him on my beddy bull grey bitch if he had still been around. 

Some right thieving Cs round your way 

You need a cull

3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Yup thats the thing,ive said it before,i got mine on the understanding from the breeder that they was bred for ferreting,which mine done fine at.but things changed to night work,hed track and pull clipped vermins after a bad rifle shot.he got quite a reputation for it round here.unbelievable nose.he could run flat out,nose down,then realise the scent weak and would spin round and go back the right way.easy to stock break,good with kids,retrieved duck off water,pheasants,pigeon etc.took tons of gear at night.got some taxidermy work here off the nights out too.but a bullxgrey i normally have are quicker,more nimble,my bullxwhip was 23inch tts,but a bit cloddy,had a bad foot,broke it young and never been right.slightly flat footed can really notice now hes old.i have had dogs that could finish the job quicker,but all in all been good to me.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Not could be it is true! £200 isn’t much at all for a pup but a couple of litters a year is cashing in lol Iv not prob with anyone peddling pups there dogs there choice long as there by Genuine dogs,,  

Edited by elisderyn
  • Like 2

bull whippets tbh are they any different to any other whippet lurcher be it collie whippets beddy whippets still be useful in the right hands as a mongrely dog to just be used for a bit of hunting. Whippets or whippet Lurchers are not really my cuppa tea no more but fair play to anyone if there there thing happy days ain’t it 

• Like 1