Pocket rocket whippets

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the ‘pocket rocket’ as it’s advertised but a very well bred honest dog. 1st cross. also does teeth but don’t fancy putting up pics here lol.  And below is a pup from him to a bitch that is ne

My little patterdale/whippet here in the USA.  She's about 14 inches tts.  Been on coon, possum, groundhog, rabbits and squirrels. 

Brilliant little dogs I'd definitely have another in the future.

Posted Images

I don't think bull/whippets should be compared to bull/greys,the small dogs are better for small pest control and a handy size to sit next to you in the cab around a farm.The bull/greys I've seen aren't as sharp or game as the bull/whips but are obviously better on bigger game.

6 hours ago, cantona said:

To be fair though i did see a bull whippet first cross hunt find and kill a fox very easily many years ago, maybe not as good as a 27 inch 80lb brickshithouse but isnt that obvious 

Pure whippet bin known 2 an all

Yep I said it ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 26/07/2020 at 02:19, Aussie Whip said:

I don't think bull/whippets should be compared to bull/greys,the small dogs are better for small pest control and a handy size to sit next to you in the cab around a farm.The bull/greys I've seen aren't as sharp or game as the bull/whips but are obviously better on bigger game.

If all you want to hunt is small game then why bother with bull blood as a decent whippet will be even sharper and game enough

• Like 3
On 22/11/2018 at 17:28, downsouth said:

And it will catch a lot more as one thing ive noticed with the few bull/whippets ive seen is they lack any serious pace when compared to a decent bull/greyhound

How fast is a fox lol 

6 hours ago, downsouth said:

If all you want to hunt is small game then why bother with bull blood as a decent whippet will be even sharper and game enough

I agree,I don't think they lack anything on small game but you can't compare them to a bull/grey which can handle big game like pigs and kill other stuff easily,just comes down to size and muscle.

5 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Take it you don't have much experience of running foxes?

About as much experience and knowledge as he has with bandogs Im guessing but it doesn't seem to stop him piping up on the subject 

• Like 1

My ole bullxwhips 10yr old now been a bloody good dog,still helps out a bit now and then.was thinking of trying to get a pup off him,but not breeding any dogs ever ,seems like a bit of hassle.but ifcthe right dog came along i prob would.

2 hours ago, downsouth said:

About as much experience and knowledge as he has with bandogs Im guessing but it doesn't seem to stop him piping up on the subject 

Lol If you listened to half the dribble on here you’d end up believing if it guards or hunts fox you need a bull in it lol 

like listening A women big is better and all that lol