what no camo

si brown

well I took the stormtrooper stick out for a walk this aft and not a stitch of camo to be seen:feck:

its been a glorious day on the outskirts of sunny Scarborough so I thought id walk some fields and do a bit of daytime rabbiting!

parked up on the farm and gave all the ferrels and crows a free pass as its just not safe using the impact there.. ill get them with the hw100 next time!

there all ferrels:icon_eek:

1349513910_ni3PwbzBRfeRpRF9kfg1w.jpg.137d48fa2376828a63aaaa7e51d2c1c7.jpg

I walked 3 big fields and never saw anything but didn't mind as it was such a nice day to be out...

I stopped at a wood with an abandoned pheasant pen in it and just watched all the birds for about half an hour, there was a big buzzard keeping all the crows and pigeons 

at bay but there were all sorts of finches and a woodpecker to keep me company!

the farmer has taken stock of loads of sheep and there all over the spot where the best hedge holders are but luckily the electric fences were set well back from the hedge line

so I managed to get on a few!

the first one was a hedge hopper at maybe 25yrd.. didn't bother checking:whistling: missed it first shot gave it a bit of hold under and crack it was down!

second one was half way along the hedgerow and dropped to a 58yrd freehander as I walked up to it I saw another one 

the sun was bright so I had to shoot off my knee to be able to see it, I was well happy with this shot... 77yrd instant lights out!

the one on its own was the 77!

1186490295_w2P5hzcmSZkWBGAvZRi4Q.jpg.f5d0a9b3e5cbab8dd8537bb1b27b55af.jpg

cae2wzxTRyicKP607R4z5w.jpg.b05a8a8c3688bb3d21a046ffc0370f21.jpg

IMG_1693.JPG.a9f53eb07b2dac3d47a5f547fe35588b.JPG

after that I decided to have a look round the paddocks while it was light, can't normally do this as the horses are normally out but they'd been put back in for the night!

didn't see sod all but there's loads of evidence that they still have a decent hold so im off back tomorrow night with the nv if its back. 

this farm belongs to a big estate that hosts shoots so there are loads of phesents to give you away and a heart attack:censored:

Mz8oRkSlQaqZ2EJIUJmtxA.jpg.22eb255c7ef4be76b4af9c1922bfdb5b.jpg

saw this little bark stripper at the edge of the wood so switched it off.. it was only about 20 yard and filled the scope so it got a vitals shot, it ran about 3m in shock then expired!

• Like 12

28 minutes ago, big napper said:

It was a nice day over there mate i was in malton ferreting today, not far from you pal

29 minutes ago, big napper said:

Some great shots there si, freehand and off the knee at those distances mate, gun looks great so does the land. Nice one pal

cheers bn.. the place I was at was only about 15 mile from malton!

theres some ace countryside round that way, I'm more than likely starting a new site there a week tomorrow!

if your into fishing the rivers full of good fish:thumbs:

how did you get on with  the ferrets?!

1 hour ago, si brown said:

well I took the stormtrooper stick out for a walk this aft and not a stitch of camo to be seen:feck:

its been a glorious day on the outskirts of sunny Scarborough so I thought id walk some fields and do a bit of daytime rabbiting!

parked up on the farm and gave all the ferrels and crows a free pass as its just not safe using the impact there.. ill get them with the hw100 next time!

there all ferrels:icon_eek:

1349513910_ni3PwbzBRfeRpRF9kfg1w.jpg.137d48fa2376828a63aaaa7e51d2c1c7.jpg

I walked 3 big fields and never saw anything but didn't mind as it was such a nice day to be out...

I stopped at a wood with an abandoned pheasant pen in it and just watched all the birds for about half an hour, there was a big buzzard keeping all the crows and pigeons 

at bay but there were all sorts of finches and a woodpecker to keep me company!

the farmer has taken stock of loads of sheep and there all over the spot where the best hedge holders are but luckily the electric fences were set well back from the hedge line

so I managed to get on a few!

the first one was a hedge hopper at maybe 25yrd.. didn't bother checking:whistling: missed it first shot gave it a bit of hold under and crack it was down!

second one was half way along the hedgerow and dropped to a 58yrd freehander as I walked up to it I saw another one 

the sun was bright so I had to shoot off my knee to be able to see it, I was well happy with this shot... 77yrd instant lights out!

the one on its own was the 77!

1186490295_w2P5hzcmSZkWBGAvZRi4Q.jpg.f5d0a9b3e5cbab8dd8537bb1b27b55af.jpg

cae2wzxTRyicKP607R4z5w.jpg.b05a8a8c3688bb3d21a046ffc0370f21.jpg

IMG_1693.JPG.a9f53eb07b2dac3d47a5f547fe35588b.JPG

after that I decided to have a look round the paddocks while it was light, can't normally do this as the horses are normally out but they'd been put back in for the night!

didn't see sod all but there's loads of evidence that they still have a decent hold so im off back tomorrow night with the nv if its back. 

this farm belongs to a big estate that hosts shoots so there are loads of phesents to give you away and a heart attack:censored:

Mz8oRkSlQaqZ2EJIUJmtxA.jpg.22eb255c7ef4be76b4af9c1922bfdb5b.jpg

saw this little bark stripper at the edge of the wood so switched it off.. it was only about 20 yard and filled the scope so it got a vitals shot, it ran about 3m in shock then expired!

Don't seem to see many of the silver impacts about makes a change, nice shooting by the way.... Have you tried those H&N HORNETS Yet??? 

17 minutes ago, si brown said:

cheers bn.. the place I was at was only about 15 mile from malton!

theres some ace countryside round that way, I'm more than likely starting a new site there a week tomorrow!

if your into fishing the rivers full of good fish:thumbs:

how did you get on with  the ferrets?!

We only got a few rabbits mate, really went just to get my mates pup going not a full day just a few hours.

I do go fishing with a mate of mine, i dont know a lot about it, just nice and relaxing.

What do you mean by site mate

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

Don't seem to see many of the silver impacts about makes a change, nice shooting by the way.... Have you tried those H&N HORNETS Yet??? 

cheers Phil... I like the silver one now, its grown on me... I wanted the black at first but id of had to wait for ages to get it!

the pellets never turned up:(  

my postman is a cabbage.. im always getting stuff for a house with a similar street name, I bet the clowns given them to someone else:censored:

ill have to buy some and give them a go!

cheers si 

14 minutes ago, big napper said:

We only got a few rabbits mate, really went just to get my mates pup going not a full day just a few hours.

I do go fishing with a mate of mine, i dont know a lot about it, just nice and relaxing.

What do you mean by site mate

building site:thumbs: got a load of footings to go at!

might have to call in on a few farms on route. 

got a feeling ill be spending a few hours on the banks round there this winter.. want to beat me best pike ?

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, si brown said:

cheers Phil... I like the silver one now, its grown on me... I wanted the black at first but id of had to wait for ages to get it!

the pellets never turned up:(  

my postman is a cabbage.. im always getting stuff for a house with a similar street name, I bet the clowns given them to someone else:censored:

ill have to buy some and give them a go!

cheers si 

Your joking, I sent them 11days ago, I,ll pop into the post office see what they say... 

• Like 1