I converted.

No not to Islam.

To high velocity 22.

I phoned around and could only find 100 rws HV hp so gave them a try.

I used a box on zeroing and familiarising myself with the trajectory. Actually although very accurate the odd one would barely break the speed of sound.

I do prefer the eley but.....

Anyway some one wanted woodpigeon so I got some.

IMG-20181117-092219067-HDR.jpg

On the way home I shot a rested shot at 200 yds at a little weed and purely guessing the hold hit the thing !

Noise wise they aren't to bad at all.

I shall see how it goes.

U.

Edited by Underdog
  • Like 6

54 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Mmmm wood pigeon, I’m thinking pigeon breast, cream mash and red cabbage, that’s it I’m on the pigeon hunt tomorrow, nice work U,

Not a fan myself but when minced with some bread, black pepper, some onion and a little olive oil to bake a meatloaf it's very agreeable.

U.

12 hours ago, Underdog said:

Not a fan myself but when minced with some bread, black pepper, some onion and a little olive oil to bake a meatloaf it's very agreeable.

U.

I like the sound of that, I think I’ll give that a go with my stock pile of pheasant ?

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I don't know if it will work with pheasants mate.

U.

In that case I’ll have to wait until I manage to get myself a few pigeons, I went out today to bait up for a fox and see if I could get a couple but not a pigeon to be seen,  did see a few pheasants, partridge and teal but been Sunday I let them be, never pulled the trigger but when your surroundings are like this sometimes that doesn’t matter ?

379F53B6-F0EE-4135-99D4-6D7DFAD752A8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Stavross said:

In that case I’ll have to wait until I manage to get myself a few pigeons, I went out today to bait up for a fox and see if I could get a couple but not a pigeon to be seen,  did see a few pheasants, partridge and teal but been Sunday I let them be, never pulled the trigger but when your surroundings are like this sometimes that doesn’t matter ?

379F53B6-F0EE-4135-99D4-6D7DFAD752A8.jpeg

T'was a gorgeous day ?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Underdog said:

T'was a gorgeous day ?

I lad, a grand day for a walk out in’t fields

it was nice to be out for an hour on my own, middle of nowhere just enjoying being there, watching a couple of roe doe’s thinking how one of them could be the family Boxing Day dinner 

• Like 2