Working border types

It’s pot luck [BANNED TEXT] borders atm unless you know the person ur getting one from . Some work some don’t it’s a gamble when u buy a border pup in . The problem is most are to scared to work em cos of ther value atm but if you the right one there as good as any other breed . The terrier doesn’t no if it’s kc or not ! Start it right and it has got a chance like any other terrier pup .  Good luck with it atm 

• Like 2

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same family I've had and worked for 18 years now all work well 

Tough one today dealt with in his usual style 

Posted Images

The problem is [BANNED TEXT] borders some are so show bred that have no drive or nose what so ever the line I have are close bred and tested every weekend then once you you’ve got one that works keep it cos in borders workers are getting rare atm . I drive up and down the country every weekend to work mine . But I’ve seen a lot of borders work that are crap and because ther borders some people giv em more excuses than other lines which is causing the problem . They shud be treated as Any other terrier they work or they don’t 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Coursing mad 24 said:

The problem is [BANNED TEXT] borders some are so show bred that have no drive or nose what so ever the line I have are close bred and tested every weekend then once you you’ve got one that works keep it cos in borders workers are getting rare atm . I drive up and down the country every weekend to work mine . But I’ve seen a lot of borders work that are crap and because ther borders some people giv em more excuses than other lines which is causing the problem . They shud be treated as Any other terrier they work or they don’t 

I’ve said that for years to mate a lot of people who’ve never had one listen to idiots about them not working until they are 3yrs old,what a load of bollocks.like you have said treat them like you would any other breed and they will come on just the same as any other.mine have good noses and are from a decent lines and the dog I’m going to put over my bitch is a good digging dog to.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Coursing mad 24 said:

Ur right  it’s the kc divs that constantly make excuses for em but if the same dog was a lakey or fell they wouldn’t get chances 

I had a oxcroft bitch off Jeff fenoroli years ago and that was the biggest piece of crap I’ve had so I won’t have owt with oxcroft in it from now.

go on gumtree url get a chihuahua x for 200  and u want it ratting working for 200 I spend more than on diesel and on breakfasts for lads  a month working mine all over if u wanted a dog just for ratting any terrier given the chance will do it .  If ur in the right circles friends I mean. Will gift a working pup to right home .     Wrong attitude to start with some of my best terriers have been gifted and long good friends made . Get urself respected in the right circles first and u won’t have to buy one that’s fact 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gnipper said:

Good luck 

I got a border from a guy in Rainham Essex for £100, ok it was 20 years ago but she was the best dog I ever had. I'm not tight but im just not gonna pay to much anymore. id prefer a parson JRT, would probably go to £300 for one of them but im not desperate,, if it happens it happens. hope ive not offended any sellers. it wasn't meant that way

27 minutes ago, Coursing mad 24 said:

go on gumtree url get a chihuahua x for 200  and u want it ratting working for 200 I spend more than on diesel and on breakfasts for lads  a month working mine all over if u wanted a dog just for ratting any terrier given the chance will do it .  If ur in the right circles friends I mean. Will gift a working pup to right home .     Wrong attitude to start with some of my best terriers have been gifted and long good friends made . Get urself respected in the right circles first and u won’t have to buy one that’s fact 

cheers for the advice, I wasn't meaning to be disrespectful, honest. I have a friend who can get get me a Nice patter dale for £200 but he's a digger and im not looking for a dog that needs that kind of work. like I said, didn't mean to be disrespectful cos I know a lot of you guys are serious workers, I just want a nice little dog who I can have a little bit of ratting with. id love to go out on a proper farm massacre with a load of good ratters. I love terriers but in London they're all show dogs. ya can't beat a little terrier who has got it in him. its a f***ing joy to watch them

• 9 months later...