Working border types

On 22/12/2018 at 18:23, eastcoast said:

Great to see Borders still being worked and bred as workers. Even though I have never actually owned one they have always been my favourite type looks wise. A stupid this to write on a working terrier thread maybe but I do mean a favourite as a physical blueprint for a working terrier. Strong heads and double coats seem to be something that has been fixed into Borders many years ago. Even though the ones  that I have personally seen, particularly males, have been a little bit on the large side they never seem to be heavy shouldered or overly deep chested. A problem sometimes in other strong headed types.  

Edited by jossa

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same family I've had and worked for 18 years now all work well 

Tough one today dealt with in his usual style 

Posted Images

I have bought borders, I paid £300 for my old dog Judd who is 100% which isn't a lot of money really. Anyone who has a genuine interest in keeping the working borders going won't charge you the earth for a pup. 

• Like 3

I bought a bitch off a man commenting on this post, she was a young bitch maybe 6 month old had been reared well and was in good order. She never made it as a earth dog, her breeding was right bred from some very good workers but if wasn't to be for her. I didn't feel like the £200 I paid for her was waisted. It's a chance you take

• Like 1

Why would somebody go out and pay a grand plus for a coursing pup that might not make the grade,but twist at the price for a well bred border terrier pup.if the breeding is right and you like and want a good pup pay the money and be happy with it.let everybody else twist about the price you payed simple as I’ve had borders for 30yrs and I used to do a lot of digging with them but my back is knackered now but I still choose the right dog to go over the right bitch,as I like to keep the type and not one of them little head snippy nosed things people call borders.

69F8F54E-B430-41A5-AA10-86980E70F435.jpeg

3DAF53CF-9338-4F40-8419-D8D4903763E3.jpeg

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, lurchers said:

Why would somebody go out and pay a grand plus for a coursing pup that might not make the grade,but twist at the price for a well bred border terrier pup.if the breeding is right and you like and want a good pup pay the money and be happy with it.let everybody else twist about the price you payed simple as I’ve had borders for 30yrs and I used to do a lot of digging with them but my back is knackered now but I still choose the right dog to go over the right bitch,as I like to keep the type and not one of them little head snippy nosed things people call borders.

69F8F54E-B430-41A5-AA10-86980E70F435.jpeg

3DAF53CF-9338-4F40-8419-D8D4903763E3.jpeg

There’s the problem though, people like yourself willing to pay a grand for a terrier pup is what feeds the peddlers and dog thief markets and the market that breeds and sells total shite. Take away the incentive then the dogs will recover

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

There’s the problem though, people like yourself willing to pay a grand for a terrier pup is what feeds the peddlers and dog thief markets and the market that breeds and sells total shite. Take away the incentive then the dogs will recover

I did reply to your post but it’s been removed so that won’t happen again.enjoy your dogs and good luck with them