Buying bands off eBay

I bought 3 gzk ready made band sets off eBay.....around a tenner. These all got splits where the bands are tied to the pouch......within no time at all. So I bought some from a different seller, only been out twice and the same thing on this band set.....unbelieveable.

The band set I originally got from simpleshot for my scout lasted a really long time...I was impressed, these were however tied with string.

I did make my own Theragold bands briefly a while ago, but I wasn't great at cutting the bands straight with the roller blade ( needed more practice ), they didn't split at the pouch though.

The bands that split were gzk, 1mm and .75....... I would have thought the splitting is more to do with the seller than the band type...?

I might have to start making may own if this keeps happening, surely the sellers are aware of this.

rant over.

Edited by Shortstraw

10 hours ago, lee said:

Try hth off eBay Ben preistman .. Iv been using his bands a good while and there lasting ages    .80 25/20

Unfortunately, my first set of three bands were from hth. I contacted hth not regarding them all splitting so quickly, but twice about making me some ttf bands and they never got back to me.

In fairness both sellers bands looked top notch and done to a high standard. It's now looking like it was the band type then, orininally I thought it was maybe nipping the band near the pouch from wrapped too tightly.

What theraband set up would I need to match 9.5 balls for hunting...( single bands not double )?

13 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

I shoot black simple shot latex cut at 22mm straight and use 9.5mm steel with that set up ??

Do you buy ready made bands 3/4...7/8th or do they sell sheet band ( I only noticed made bands on their site ) and make your own?

May have asked you this before, but have you been unlucky with the import charges etc?