23 hours ago, Rob Sharp said:

Iv always shoot tubes on tabs, never been a decent shot, 

lookng to get into the flat bands but don’t know we’re to start, what’s an ideal started setup for hunting? Don’t like the multiplex stuff 

I just use a scout copy that cost around £8 off eBay, but put 1mm gzk bands on them off eBay ....usually £10 for 3 band sets or you can get theraband gold bands. I use 9.5mm balls. 

Lots more experienced people on here than me who I'm sure will advise. The catapult is great, don't let the price put you off.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192621126573

Edited by Shortstraw
On 17 November 2018 at 16:06, Rob Sharp said:

Thanks, don’t seem to be much for sale second hand 

If your going to get into flat bands I,d buy a roller cutter and a metre of Theraband gold from eBay will cost you less than £20 and you can cut as many sets of flat bands as you like, try a few different tapers, singles and doubles, until you find what suits you, I,m starting to fall out of love with flats purely because of there longevity I get fed up of replacing bands every few hundred shots brilliant for accuracy and target shooting but pisses me of when a nice shot shows itself when I,m out and the band snaps, have ended up carrying two catty,s to compensate, also takes a little while getting your eye back in after changing bands I find as they never match the old set straight off?

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Greyman said:

If your going to get into flat bands I,d buy a roller cutter and a metre of Theraband gold from eBay will cost you less than £20 and you can cut as many sets of flat bands as you like, try a few different tapers, singles and doubles, until you find what suits you, I,m starting to fall out of love with flats purely because of there longevity I get fed up of replacing bands every few hundred shots brilliant for accuracy and target shooting but pisses me of when a nice shot shows itself when I,m out and the band snaps, have ended up carrying two catty,s to compensate, also takes a little while getting your eye back in after changing bands I find as they never match the old set straight off?

Just wondering for hunting with 9.5 ........do you have any idea what tubes are good?

21 hours ago, Shortstraw said:

Just wondering for hunting with 9.5 ........do you have any idea what tubes are good?

I also get that off eBay from china I believe it's sold by company,s as 1745 but if you just look at silicone tubing with an outer diameter of 45mm and an internal diameter of 17mm it's the same, again very cheap and I find it acts simular to tbg but lasts longer plus you can increase the strength by making bigger loops at the fork end ???

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, flynndog said:

I've gone onto squares with 14mm lead sick of flats wearing out and can't get any Tubing I seem to be good enough with 

20181125_191315.jpg

20181125_191309.jpg

My brother shoots with the square tube with success,the draw is to strong for me to keep a steady hand ,I witnessed a body shot to a seagull with the square tubing and the bird Never got up again so it's powerful stuff