The FX Impact, sub 12 or FAC - Sales Man exposed !

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The more i see these rifles, the more they remind me of the standard issue Star Wars, federation rifle.                        So, lads, - i rang FX up and explained a few lads i know have bought

its never dull on here, you lads certainly like winding each other up lol, ATB

Posted Images

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Nah, got to be honest, all these 'new age' air rifles aint for me. Don't care what they can do. Really don't like all this tactical/army or whatever based stuff

You're kidding right? They are aimed at people who wear camo to shoot targets in their own garden at 8 yards. The more "tactical" the better. Especially if they have names like venom, marauder, nitemurderer,  dragonslayer, etc. 

Eh Jimmy? :angel:

14 hours ago, Phill-W68 said:

Let us know how it goes, was this a one off problem or an occurring one?, is it sub 12 or fac? 

Well this 1 has me beat, something seriously wrong with it, so it’s getting put in its case & sent away to see what the problem is ! I’ve tried to sort it , tried & tried but can’t , do its going down to Liam at air fective after a few phone calls, let’s hope he can sort it, I had to get the agt Vulcan out tonight, so at least I’ve got something to use while the impact is away.

7 hours ago, vizlauk said:

Well this 1 has me beat, something seriously wrong with it, so it’s getting put in its case & sent away to see what the problem is ! I’ve tried to sort it , tried & tried but can’t , do its going down to Liam at air fective after a few phone calls, let’s hope he can sort it, I had to get the agt Vulcan out tonight, so at least I’ve got something to use while the impact is away.

Doesn't sound good,.isnt it under warranty? A lot of money for a faulty product... 

8 hours ago, vizlauk said:

So what is happening with it ?

58 minutes ago, villaman said:

So what is happening with it ?

Power settings not working, if reg is over 100 bar it won’t fire , you’d think the valve is not opening, it was running perfect last week & then it decided to just drop the pellets  out the barrel 

Sean I think it is time to give Simon a call at ASI. Tony may well answer the phone but ask to speak to Simon 01728 688 555.

I have found these guys to be superb in their help on phone support. I can't offer any help as I have never had those issues. The reg pressure seems low as my .25fac is 140 bar, when it dropped a while ago accuracy went out of the window but it is easy to adjust up but NEVER down. Simon talked me through the process because I am bloody useless with technical repairs / modifications. The system is designed to be adjusted by the owner but I would not do anything without talking to ASI first.

If you can get the gun ready to do the work Sean, they will normally talk you through it mate.

Phil 

• Like 1

that's why companys like the airgun centre wont sell them to many issues going on with them,im glad I got shot of mine ,in my opinion the wild cat is a much better gun all together but eache to there own

1 hour ago, philpot said:

Sean I think it is time to give Simon a call at ASI. Tony may well answer the phone but ask to speak to Simon 01728 688 555.

I have found these guys to be superb in their help on phone support. I can't offer any help as I have never had those issues. The reg pressure seems low as my .25fac is 140 bar, when it dropped a while ago accuracy went out of the window but it is easy to adjust up but NEVER down. Simon talked me through the process because I am bloody useless with technical repairs / modifications. The system is designed to be adjusted by the owner but I would not do anything without talking to ASI first.

If you can get the gun ready to do the work Sean, they will normally talk you through it mate.

Phil 

Phil I called asi on Friday, according to Tony, there was no one in the workshop, they had taking the day off ! I have spoken to Liam at air fective & for what it’s going cost he may aswell do it , I really have had enough of it

Regards Sean

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, philpot said:

Phil 

Phil to adjust down ! Just undo the air cylinder, until air realeases, then turn the reg up until all air in the reg is realeased, then turn down (with no pressure in the system) , straight forward mate

• Like 2

Stroll on Jimmy, that is well out of order. Personally, I would give it back to the RFD and ask him to send it back to sort. Normally, if there is a fault, report it to ASI and they will pick up from the RFD  so there is no charge to the owner and no charge for the work done.

I would not worry about warranty, simply tell Tony what the issue is and that Sean has done his best to resolve it and let them take over, they will still give warranty on the gun.

• Like 1