Santa came!

And he was dressed like a postman! 

The magic piece of paper came at last. Took 15 weeks from start to finish but I was bouncing off the walls when it turned up and jumping for joy. 

Needless to say I was out the door and off to the RFD within minutes and sat in traffic for twenty minutes itching to get there! 

Had a good chat with the gent in the shop and explained I was after a semi auto for the mean time as my intention was to pick up a slightly nicer o/u in the new year. Sadly their choice of semi autos in my budget wasn't fantastic and despite his attempts to palm a 2 shot semi auto by the midland gun company off on me I decided against it. I had a look through their o/u range with the intention of getting a cheaper one to do me until I find a nice semi auto, and Then pick up another over and under next year. Came across a nice looking Akkar Churchill 206 12 bore. Immaculate condition, Turkish gun. I really liked the subtle design of the action, no engraving, just brushed steel which looked nice and clean cut, fitted me pretty well too which was a bonus. Apparently a fella brought it, shot a few rounds through it and then decided he wanted to go down the semi auto route 4 months later, so he part exchanged it for one. It was well within my price range, and as a gun to get me off the mark and decide what I want in the future it'll do perfectly! Plus I had enough change to put some cartridges in the boot with it so tomorrow I'm off out to get to know it a little better! 

So, to conclude, I'm now officially one of you shotgun lot and I'm absolutely over the bloody moon about it! IMG-20181114-WA0004.jpeg.4d040c1a3e22282830ab7b51f0906a79.jpegIMG-20181114-WA0006.jpeg.fb382c5a930e5705129a381280f807eb.jpeg

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Ahhh, your first ticket. Nice feeling.

Well done buddy.

U.

:thumbs:

My first was a FAC, the SGC came some years later, but even all those years ago it was a buzz when it landed on the doormat.

Especially as when I went to the Police station to collect my first FAC application forms, the copper looked at me as some pipsqueak teenager and said, you will never get one unless you are a member of a rifle club, I told him I was, and also had a lot of rabbit to deal with, the rest is history! :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Akkar Churchill 206

Well, that's a new one to me, looks ok, and certainly SOME of the stuff that comes out of Turkey is ok, and almost always competitively priced.

A report after a few weeks/months use would be interesting!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Deker said:

Akkar Churchill 206

Well, that's a new one to me, looks ok, and certainly SOME of the stuff that comes out of Turkey is ok, and almost always competitively priced.

A report after a few weeks/months use would be interesting!

Will do deker, it was a new one on me too, never heard of them as a brand before. I think it's also sold as the akkar double crown 206. Took it out today on the clays, shoots well and had no issues with it, trigger break is nice and the ejectors have quite the kick to them. Safety is a bit stiff (not that that's necessarily a bad thing) but I reckon once its had a bit of exercise it'll ease up a touch. 

Akkar make that monstrous triple barrel shottie most people have seen in the RFDs, called the triple crown, like a side by side with another barrel on top. 

From what I can gather they have a good following in oz and the USA. 

• 4 weeks later...

Looks nice enough just wondering if mr Churchill,s guns designed it or mr abdull is a very naughty boy ,and prepare for bruising you,l spend that much time bashing clays till your arm goes numb .A great feeling the first every shotty atb