Talking of bows!

7 hours ago, Elchapo said:

I have the same bow in 35lb weight. Also have a English long bow in 45lb that I can hit a car door with at 2 yards ?

Toxo asked what length!

I forget to answer (and check) but think mine is 68". It's a buck trail.

It's quite smooth and at my draw (29") it doesn't stack.

The limbs are quite thick near the nocks and I often wonder if it would be a little faster if they were made with more tapering towards the nock.

Mine is #50@28". I bet a #35-#40 is sweet to shoot.

As for ELB it's not for me but have seen lads build them selves up to shooting #130 war bows with arrows as thick as stair rods at shoots! I had a go once. The bow and arrow stayed put and it was me that went flying!!

Pretty sure that bow knackered my bloody shoulder!

U.

Edited by Underdog

Personally I find it ridiculous bow hunting is banned. People have hunted animals with bows almost since the post caveman era and in many countries still do. There's no evidence to suggest it causes unnecessary suffering. Ok it's not as immediate as a bullet, but neither is getting eaten alive by a fox or bird of prey, which is most wild animals natural fate - I watched a kite or hobby (not much of an expert on birds of prey) eat a pigeon alive outside my house not long ago. 10 minutes in, the bird was still alive as the bird of prey tore chunks of flesh from it's body.

Plus modern bows deliver huge amount of energy make death quick if not instant.

Won't matter soon anyway. Some nutter killed his pregnant wife with a crossbow last week, and already after 1 incident, the PM is looking at a ban on crossbows. How snowflake have we become. By that argument car ownership and bicycle riding should have been banned years ago.

• Like 2

Yeah, because banning stuff really really works ?

Like heroin and cocaine!

By the way, there was a study done between bullet and brodheads, nothing in it time wise really.

The Dutch recently (relatively) reversed their ban on hunting with archery tackle.

Think it's licensed but no disasters have emerged!

Germany has a huge wild boar issue so much so the boar have learnt they are safe around suburban areas from bullets, there have been suggestions archery gear would be a safe option.

I don't know how that is going....

• Like 1