So same old same old with two camps at each end and an on-going impasse.

A question to the floor, what will be the benefits of leaving the EU in real terms.

ps

I’ll put many of my replies here.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Remainers-so-convinced-that-staying-in-the-European-Union-is-what-is-best-for-the-UK/answer/Barry-McGuinness-1?fbclid=IwAR01ix6BnZCNstcgir444URrwSnC3D6Y7nt5wN9jrCN6sgjoPGjvyl-U4Zg

in truth the die hards in both camps will never change as they will have invested to much of themselves into the argument.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/how-risky-is-it-really/201007/why-changing-somebody-s-mind-or-yours-is-hard-do

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Correct. Of those nine countries some receive more back in trade within the EU than they  put in.  When they hand the dosh over to Brussels and Brussels then divvies it out to the poorer EU count

If you want to see hatred look at the political left. From antifa to momentum to unite against hate.  We arnt full of hate we are just pissed off.  Being against giving power to the eu isn't

What the latest news has demonstrated is that May's policy of appeasement to the EU was similar to Chamberlain's appeasement towards Hitler in the 1930's. By standing up to the EU and removing any hop

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, sandymere said:

The will of the people has changed, should we ignore that?

No its not. The same sort of surveys said remain would easily win. 

We won, we will leave. We may have some disruption.....we would have less disruption and get on better if remainers just got over themselves. The childish pathetic spoilt c**ts. 

And I don't use the word c**ts lightly 

• Thanks 1

Sandy we have  constituency democracy  406 constituencies voted leave compared to 242 for remain  .people haven't changed their minds regardless of what the Guardian says  your being dishonest with everyone including yourself when you say you support democracy you clearly don't. 

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, sandymere said:

No it hasn't, every single real poll points towards an increase in people who would vote leave. Stop lying Sandy, you're making yourself look a fool. You seem normally like a decent sort. On this you're letting yourself down!

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Has it feck, probably more determined than ever to leave. You’ve been watching and listening to all the shite on tv and on social media. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, cragman said:

Has it feck, probably more determined than ever to leave. You’ve been watching and listening to all the shite on tv and on social media. 

Well I think its almost certainly going to be put to the test , its looking like  bojo will be calling a GE, Farage will be asked to  step aside I don't think he has much choice but to step aside  or face a shit storm for splitting the vote and Farage is all about PR  nowadays,   so its looking like we will end up with a much stronger Tory government I don't like it but if it gets the job done..in return  I'd like to see Farage ask for another GE within a year of exit to pressure bojo on doing the job properly. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Who do the majority of labour/other voters vote for then because for a lot of them conservative is never going to be an option, Farage won't stand aside but if played out tactically then it could be a strong coalition.....

You can't be the Brexit party and block   Brexit from happening :thumbs:

2 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Nope but then you could say the conservative party should step aside.... I'm just stating that there's a lot of voters that don't have a viable leave 

I'd say a high % of Brexit party are former  conservative  they will have no qualms about switching to  get Brexit done and I'd bet that plenty  of the rest will  defect if Boris puts the right deal for vote forward and that's all they need,  everything else is a bonus I did say I dont like it, but that's the  reality of the situation. 

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

Yes of course it should be ignored. 

We had a referendum the biggest vote this country has ever had.

By a clear majority the vote was won by the LEAVERS.

This has been ignored by underhand sly politicians who have done ever thing in their power to thwart that out come.

It's obvious you do not agree with leaving and make every excuse to justify not upholding Democracy.

When we vote in a new government into power we except that decision even if we do not like it thats democracy, then we get a chance to change that at the next election.

To have the biggest vote this country has ever had and ignore it the result failing Democracy. 

So if you believe in democracy you except the result, no if's not buts thats how it is.

Our Democracy is in great danger because of the way you believe things can be bent around to suit your cause.

Cheers Arry

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Look, never mind “Fair play Sandy” and all that old bollocks, a few years back his name would have been in Redwatch and rightly so......these people are the f***ing enemy make no mistake.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The coup has happened the traitors have taken control of Parliament and the government has no power.

Democracy is dead.

You would not believe this could happen in the UK.

Peoples vote do not count for any thing.

The Lib -dem, Labour, Greens and SNP anti democratic scum rule you now and will dictate what you can and can not do, sad days for the UK.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Balaur said:

Who do the majority of labour/other voters vote for then because for a lot of them conservative is never going to be an option, Farage won't stand aside but if played out tactically then it could be a strong coalition.....

Ex miner and have never voted Tory in my life but come a GE that will change like a lot of ordinary working class folk I talk toin the area I live who want Brexit and know only Boris can deliver it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1