Got to be leave in the 31st mate, if they don’t they will be wiped out as political parties.......so oddly enough, for many like me.....it’s win/win

In Fact, for a bloke like me who wants to see European politics changed for ever them staying in after the 31st May be the best result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Correct. Of those nine countries some receive more back in trade within the EU than they  put in.  When they hand the dosh over to Brussels and Brussels then divvies it out to the poorer EU count

If you want to see hatred look at the political left. From antifa to momentum to unite against hate.  We arnt full of hate we are just pissed off.  Being against giving power to the eu isn't

What the latest news has demonstrated is that May's policy of appeasement to the EU was similar to Chamberlain's appeasement towards Hitler in the 1930's. By standing up to the EU and removing any hop

Posted Images

Yep. If Boris doesn't deliver Farage will blow the two party system apart. It will be the end of the current political cycle.

I'm just waiting for Boris to state the obvious; "We won't create a hard border. If Ireland or the EU want to make one, that is up to them. But we won't put one up."

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

I'm just waiting for Boris to state the obvious; "We won't create a hard border. If Ireland or the EU want to make one, that is up to them. But we won't put one up."

He pretty much said that in his speech outside No. 10 I think mate 

48 minutes ago, WILF said:

He pretty much said that in his speech outside No. 10 I think mate 

I don't think he was quite so plain. But, it needs making clear to remove one of the main leverage points the EU have been applying. Then Ireland and the EU can sort out for themselves whether they want the Spanish and French lorries to sit on the docks with rotting cargoes of sea food awaiting customs clearance.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nicepix said:

I don't think he was quite so plain. But, it needs making clear to remove one of the main leverage points the EU have been applying. Then Ireland and the EU can sort out for themselves whether they want the Spanish and French lorries to sit on the docks with rotting cargoes of sea food awaiting customs clearance.

Newsflash it was all sorted....only ye got ur knickers in a twist over the backstop.....has to be a hard border.....was no border...ur leaving therefore it's your hard border....and what will happen British exports to Europe?

1 hour ago, VOON said:

Newsflash it was all sorted....only ye got ur knickers in a twist over the backstop.....has to be a hard border.....was no border...ur leaving therefore it's your hard border....and what will happen British exports to Europe?

But the fact remains, it’s only the EU (and as such Ireland) saying there has to be a border isn’t it ? 

There are massive parts of the North that are more British than mainland Britain.....they don’t want to be treated like 2nd class Brit’s and frankly I dont blame them.

Varadkar won’t say HE is imposing a border out loud because he hasn’t the guts and nor it seems does the British prime minister......for the present time anyway.

Edited by WILF
8 hours ago, VOON said:

Given that the EU exports over double to the UK than goes the other way, and that a lot of Ireland's exports to mainland Europe goes via the UK by road I think you should ask the question of what happens to EU exports to the UK.

It will be no bad thing if the UK shrinks and there isn’t as much money floating around.

As it stands there are many places not fit to live, too many people and too much “stuff”.......if it carries on it will be completely ruined.

If it makes half the economic migrants relocate it will have all been worth it.

Ireland is a nice place to live and that is in no small measure down to the fact that nobody wants to come here and many want (or have) to leave.......it’s poorer (in world terms) and so much richer (in human terms) for being so.

If the UK could shift 10 million people it would also become a much nicer place to live.......

I don’t think there is any fear for the UK in the economy having the breaks applied, from what I can see it would in fact be a godsend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/leo-varadkar-customs-deal-on-food-and-farming-could-ease-hard-border-in-ireland-vmf977bbz

Wilf,

the U.K is leaving the E.U.   We  joined the E.E.C. in 1973, probably due to the fact Britian was joining and we needed to trade with ye.

ye have now decided to leave....this means the benefits ye once enjoyed as members of the E.E.C are over. Ergo there will have to be checks and  tariffs on goods entering the E.U now, as ye are not members anymore....and ye don't want a trade deal...ye want a hard Brexit....not good for anyone in the short term like 10 years or so.....and the U.K will feel the pinch the most.....that's the way ye want it now....no EU no Varaker.....its Britian who wants this......

i have heard Varaker say Hard Brexit means a hard border, which we don't want as it would cause problems in the north.....the British Goverment has signed a withdrawal agreement which has a backstop, but Parliament won't sign it in to law, to help alleviate the Irish Question......so it will be an interesting winter in Ireland....

there would no Brexit if The E.U. Was called the United States of Great Britian, with a Eunion Jacques flag with 27 stars...and the E.U. Laws being rubber stamped in London....

• Like 1

I think the important thing to remember is that it is a majority of the biggest turnout ever in a vote that want Brexit.....no the UK government, no the EU, not Varadkar but ordinary people.

And there should be absolutely NO QUESTION of second guessing the outcome of a democratic vote made by ordinary people if you want to hold on to some semblance of freedom from government.

The number one priority for any politician who still believes in freedom should be making sure the result is implemented.......because we are all in Europe and if our vote don’t matter then your vote dont matter and surely no sane person wants that?

We have said we don’t want a border, in fact getting good in from a non EU country is simply a different coloured bit of paper!......I know because my sister in law does it every single day and has done for 20 years !

You seem a clever chap so I’m assuming you see all this for what it is, they have to be seen to keep control.......can’t have people thinking it’s easy or they will all want out.

Varadkar and a lot of other EU leaders will happily bankrupt their countries to keep that illusion alive just as UK politicians will bankrupt the UK to try and make us change our mind.

They are all wankers mate, but it’s the people that are and should be important.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

as i said near the start of this thread that the deal is done allready and we are now being slowly screwed financially.part of the big plan to bring the normal working folk of the uk to their knees.when we can not afford to live the shite deal that was agreed all along will be rolled out and at that point we will take anything as the uk will be broke.just look at all the buisiness that has left allready,how many jobs lost and how many firms relocating.we are fecked but most do not know it yet.it is all part of the play being performed by our so called leaders to look like they are trying to do a good job for our country when we know they are lying and are only in politics to get power and money.only thing that can be done is to press the reset button and start again with people who will stick to their word and work for the benifit of this country and support indiginous inhabitants of this land first

• Like 1