• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Correct. Of those nine countries some receive more back in trade within the EU than they  put in.  When they hand the dosh over to Brussels and Brussels then divvies it out to the poorer EU count

If you want to see hatred look at the political left. From antifa to momentum to unite against hate.  We arnt full of hate we are just pissed off.  Being against giving power to the eu isn't

What the latest news has demonstrated is that May's policy of appeasement to the EU was similar to Chamberlain's appeasement towards Hitler in the 1930's. By standing up to the EU and removing any hop

Posted Images

15 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I wasnt assuming anything mate im just saying when you live and breathe somewhere your going to hear more than when you get reports back from the other side of the world.....i reckon 80% of people i regularly speak to who voted out did so because of immigration.

I voted out due to immigration and everybody I know around me did the same and I am not ashamed to admit it as its the one deciding factor that's had an impact on my area and to a small degree my life as far as the job market goes its okay for those living in nice country hamlets wanting free movement it would  be a different tale if 6.000 Roma Slovaks rocked up living near them they would soon change their tune.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
32 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I voted out due to immigration and everybody I know around me did the same and I am not ashamed to admit it as its the one deciding factor that's had an impact on my area and to a small degree my life as far as the job market goes its okay for those living in nice country hamlets wanting free movement it would  be a different tale if 6.000 Roma Slovaks rocked up living near them they would soon change their tune.

Although I think you have identified the significant factor that explains the difference in the reason for people voting leave, country/town divide. I think you're miles out in suggesting that folks in the country want free movement of people. IMO the country folk are on average more in favour of brexit than town folk (the folk that mix with the immigrants the most).

I mix in two quite different social circles, young university educated professionals and then rural folk. The former tend to dislike almost everything that isn't in a concrete jungle and largely also voted to Remain. Conversely I can hardly think of a single person from the later group who had anything good to say about the EU/Remain, mostly proud and independent patriots. Also, very few reference immigration as a main motivation, which brings me back to my opening statement.

For me, like most the Leave voters I know, immigration is a concern but it's a consequence of something more fundamental. Independence and sovereignty.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 3
39 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Although I think you have identified the significant factor that explains the difference in the reason for people voting leave, country/town divide. I think you're miles out in suggesting that folks in the country want free movement of people. IMO the country folk are on average more in favour of brexit than town folk (the folk that mix with the immigrants the most).

I mix in two quite different social circles, young university educated professionals and then rural folk. The former tend to dislike almost everything that isn't in a concrete jungle and largely also voted to Remain. Conversely I can hardly think of a single person from the later group who had anything good to say about the EU/Remain, mostly proud and independent patriots. Also, very few reference immigration as a main motivation, which brings me back to my opening statement.

For me, like most the Leave voters I know, immigration is a concern but it's a consequence of something more fundamental. Independence and sovereignty.

I suppose my conclusions have come to fact a lot of predominantly working class area's like mine voted for Brexit and the deciding factor was immigration as independence and sovereignty will not mean a jot to people in these area's.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I suppose my conclusions have come to fact a lot of predominantly working class area's like mine voted for Brexit and the deciding factor was immigration as independence and sovereignty will not mean a jot to people in these area's.

I'm not saying the working man from the towns do care about sovereignty. I mean they should because it's essentially what they want to achieve control of immigration, but you can't blame the rural vote for not getting behind you guys.

The countryside voted in favour of Brexit, even though we don't have to live amongst large immigrant societies. The town vote though was for Remain.

https://www.cla.org.uk/latest/lobbying/brexit-new-opportunities/brexit-news/eu-referendum-cla-analysis-rural-voting#

Just now, Born Hunter said:

I'm not saying the working man from the towns do care about sovereignty. I mean they should because it's essentially what they want to achieve control of immigration, but you can't blame the rural vote for not getting behind you guys.

The countryside voted in favour of Brexit, even though we don't have to live amongst large immigrant societies. The town vote though was for Remain.

https://www.cla.org.uk/latest/lobbying/brexit-new-opportunities/brexit-news/eu-referendum-cla-analysis-rural-voting#

But as single votes go I would say it was those in the area's I have described that gave us the outcome we all wanted to leave the E.U.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

But as single votes go I would say it was those in the area's I have described that gave us the outcome we all wanted to leave the E.U.

Dunno how to define that really mate. I mean the highest densities of immigrants are in cities and cities generally wanted to stay in the EU. And that is a cultural difference, not just the fact the immigrants are voting in their interest. Young liberal minded folks live in cities and there's a lot of them.

The countryside might be filling up with middle class professionals but it's also the last bastion of English/Old British culture. IMO rural England wants to protect that. I come from the strongest (at least one of the strongest depending on definition) Leave regions of the entire UK.

Edited by Born Hunter
4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Dunno how to define that really mate. I mean the highest densities of immigrants are in cities and cities generally wanted to stay in the EU. And that is a cultural difference, not just the fact the immigrants are voting in their interest. Young liberal minded folks live in cities and there's a lot of them.

The countryside might be filling up with middle class professionals but it's also the last bastion of English/Old British culture. IMO rural England wants to protect that. I come from the strongest (at least one of the strongest depending on definition) Leave regions of the entire UK.

Not forgetting a lot of ex mining area's voted for Brexit they are probably the last bastion's of working class community's I am just glad we have a common purpose in being united in our quest for our own sovereignty and to control our own destiny and immigration.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Not forgetting a lot of ex mining area's voted for Brexit they are probably the last bastion's of working class community's I am just glad we have a common purpose in being united in our quest for our own sovereignty and to control our own destiny and immigration.

When I think of Old fashioned British culture still found in Urban areas it's the old mining towns etc that first come to mind. :thumbs:

Not that I share much of their politics mind. :laugh: Other than Euroscepticism!

• Haha 1

But how many votes were duds? As in fake votes, multiple votes from the remoaners? There was a slag on radio ulster who was a so called brexit expert and was a staunch remoaner herself and she openly admitted to voting multiple times to try and get the win ,  then she started talking balls about how anti democratic it was to take Northern Ireland out of the Eu against the will of the people?????? The radio presenter even cut her off and said how can she give off about democracy after cheating on the voting system. Typical remoaner they think they’re far superior than us leave voters. And just to state a fact just under half of Northern Ireland votes to leave also it was not a landslide as they make out

We've just done our postal votes for the local council elections.

........... 3 choices - Conservative, Labour and Ukip.

I just hope that this will be the start of people saying 'f**k you' to the 2 main parties ?

• Like 2
7 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

There will be good soldiers and bad soldiers in every regiment from differing backgrounds .

You just tried to take a cheap shot at Gurkhas who have served our country for centuries with honour and distinction by using the term lazy Fijians to try back up your Brexit argument re anyone of colour ?

I have known quite a few Gurkhas,some good,some really good and a couple downright scummy fuckers,this isn't as soldiers by the way,this is as people.Theres one reason they want to fight in the british army,for the majority of them anyway,and that's to escape the grinding absolute poverty in Nepal,i have been there a few times,its really dire,also they are a mercenary force,but as said I have met a couple of really nice blokes.