6 minutes ago, sandymere said:

They are, my daughter has recently done a lot on the 1st world war and was proud to know her great grandfather fought with honor.

And he,d probably spit in your face if he new less than a 100 years down the road his cowardly little offspring would be willing to hand over everything he fought for without a care 

• Like 2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Correct. Of those nine countries some receive more back in trade within the EU than they  put in.  When they hand the dosh over to Brussels and Brussels then divvies it out to the poorer EU count

If you want to see hatred look at the political left. From antifa to momentum to unite against hate.  We arnt full of hate we are just pissed off.  Being against giving power to the eu isn't

What the latest news has demonstrated is that May's policy of appeasement to the EU was similar to Chamberlain's appeasement towards Hitler in the 1930's. By standing up to the EU and removing any hop

Posted Images

Just now, sandymere said:

But one can say that we had the same in 1975 and 67.2 won against 32.8 to be part of the UE, opinions change, isn't that democracy. If there was a new vote remain would likely win by a greater margin than the leave vote last time, the voice of the majority today rather than yesterday.

The reason they won’t give another vote is because they no there are still enough people that believe in democracy and even though they voted to remain would not do the same in a second vote as it fly,s in the face of democracy and judos,s like yourself are still a minority hence the spin machine is still in full swing every day trying to manipulate public opinion 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

The reason they won’t give another vote is because they no there are still enough people that believe in democracy and even though they voted to remain would not do the same in a second vote as it fly,s in the face of democracy and judos,s like yourself are still a minority hence the spin machine is still in full swing every day trying to manipulate public opinion 

But what is democracy  if it isn't the will of the majority????

Ps I've never done Judo.

In my honest opinion, outside of the wind up, there needs to be a double vote, 1st  vote to be between the 3 options 1. remain, 2. leave without a deal or 3. leave with Mays deal,.

The second vote would be between to top two to decide the final outcome.

It would give people an opportunity for an informed choice and if perhaps some control on lies and misinformation from all sides could be brought in they would be less chance of foul being called afterwards.

If people truly believe in the will of the people why would they be frightened of this route.

Edited by sandymere
9 minutes ago, sandymere said:

But what is democracy  if it isn't the will of the majority????

Ps I've never done Judo.

It is the will of the majority. So why isn't the will of the majority being implemented?

I truly believe if there was another referendum, the outcome would be the same, but there shouldn't be another as the remainers don't deserve it and Brexit shouldn't wait another 3 years.

Just now, walshie said:

It is the will of the majority. So why isn't the will of the majority being implemented?

I truly believe if there was another referendum, the outcome would be the same, but there shouldn't be another as the remainers don't deserve another and Brexit shouldn't wait another 3 years.

Because it is no longer the will of the majority, the majority is now better informed so able to make a more informed choice. That's democracy?

36 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Indeed no I'm extremely proud to be British and of my families part in two world wars, the latter against fascists. I'm so proud that i'm happy to promote what is best for this country and its people in the long term. 

What's your reasons for wanting the uk to stay in the EU.

And why do you think we will be better off in. than out.

We voted to leave , Why cant we just leave without a agreement when will the government do the wishes of the people that vote for them instead of going off on there own agendas 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Because it is no longer the will of the majority, the majority is now better informed so able to make a more informed choice. That's democracy?

Who said it is no longer the will of the majority? Just because you think something doesn't make it so. How is anyone better informed? What you said made no sense.

Just now, king said:

What's your reasons for wanting the uk to stay in the EU.

And why do you think we will be better off in. than out.

many but to highlight a couple.

1. We have brilliant trading deals with most of the world negotiated by the EU in place, it would take years to replace and we as a sole nation would not have the negotiation power of the EU so likely get poorer terms so get lees return for our trade around the world. this would have a negative impact on the economy for years to come.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fc1e99cf6-7809-11e8-8e67-1e1a0846c475?source=next&fit=scale-down&quality=highest&width=700

https://www.ft.com/content/dfafc806-762d-11e8-a8c4-408cfba4327c

2. Europe tends to lean toward protection to the average working man and more  control of tax evasion.

http://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/article_en.cfm?id=/research/headlines/news/article_18_07_20-1_en.html?infocentre&item=Infocentre&artid=49564

3. We have access to joint project in  research and science that can bring benefits for the next generations. 

http://www.scientistsforeu.uk/our_mission

I could go on but you get the idea.

ps link to graph I used above

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-a-second-eu-referendum-were-held-today-how-would-you-vote/?removed#

21 minutes ago, sandymere said:

In my honest opinion, outside of the wind up, there needs to be a double vote, 1st  vote to be between the 3 options 1. remain, 2. leave without a deal or 3. leave with Mays deal,.

The second vote would be between to top two to decide the final outcome.

It would give people an opportunity for an informed choice and if perhaps some control on lies and misinformation from all sides could be brought in they would be less chance of foul being called afterwards.

If people truly believe in the will of the people why would they be frightened of this route.

Of course you want three questions that would spilt the leave vote in half and we would end up with remain winning vote. You really do believe we are thick.

There was a vote the biggest every with the highest turn out. Just bloody except it it happened. Its over and if you believe in democracy its your duty MP's duty and all the other retainers duty to  except it.

I know nobody that voted leave that has changed their mind, but I do know quite a few that voted remain that would vote leave now.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, walshie said:

Who said it is no longer the will of the majority? Just because you think something doesn't make it so. How is anyone better informed? What you said made no sense.

Think I posted a graph above

and this link

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-a-second-eu-referendum-were-held-today-how-would-you-vote/?removed#

so why if you believe brexiteers would win would you be against a vote as i outlined above when there are two options of how to leave, either with or without a deal???

1 minute ago, Arry said:

Of course you want three questions that would spilt the leave vote in half and we would end up with remain winning vote. You really do believe we are thick.

There was a vote the biggest every with the highest turn out. Just bloody except it it happened. Its over and if you believe in democracy its your duty MP's duty and all the other retainers duty to  except it.

I know nobody that voted leave that has changed their mind, but I do know quite a few that voted remain that would vote leave now.

Cheers Arry

Lordy! that's why there would be the second vote so that couldn't happen, there would always be one leave option on the final vote! what could happen is the final slip could be between the two leave options but that's democracy for you.