• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Correct. Of those nine countries some receive more back in trade within the EU than they  put in.  When they hand the dosh over to Brussels and Brussels then divvies it out to the poorer EU count

If you want to see hatred look at the political left. From antifa to momentum to unite against hate.  We arnt full of hate we are just pissed off.  Being against giving power to the eu isn't

What the latest news has demonstrated is that May's policy of appeasement to the EU was similar to Chamberlain's appeasement towards Hitler in the 1930's. By standing up to the EU and removing any hop

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, sandymere said:

If that passes as journalism or even factual reporting these days we are f****d

im sick of this tribalism bullshit

politics has become poking holes in the other parties

this kind of shit is why we had brexit and why trump was elected

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/irish-times-poll-northern-ireland-voters-do-not-want-dup-tory-brexit-1.3818264

best thing is break up the United Kingdom and each individual country can vote  on whether they want to stay.

you've broken the good Friday agreement , never gave a toss about Ireland and the implications of Brexit re the peace process, constantly bully and moan about self determination whilst never honouring any agreement ye had with countries ye invaded and dominated for decades.....no iron in your words.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, VOON said:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/irish-times-poll-northern-ireland-voters-do-not-want-dup-tory-brexit-1.3818264

best thing is break up the United Kingdom and each individual country can vote  on whether they want to stay.

you've broken the good Friday agreement , never gave a toss about Ireland and the implications of Brexit re the peace process, constantly bully and moan about self determination whilst never honouring any agreement ye had with countries ye invaded and dominated for decades.....no iron in your words.....

To an extent you have a valid point, however many of the countries invaded/dominated actually faired better under British rule than self rule, which, is their right but nevertheless is still the fact.

I can't actually remember the details but didn't Britain bail Ireland out financially when they had financial problems a few years back?.

6 minutes ago, mackay said:

To an extent you have a valid point, however many of the countries invaded/dominated actually faired better under British rule than self rule, which, is their right but nevertheless is still the fact.

I can't actually remember the details but didn't Britain bail Ireland out financially when they had financial problems a few years back?.

Well ye strippèd all the wealth out of Ireland for 100's of years....so how did we fare better? ... Started the vegan movement when ye made us eat grass in the famine, gave our lands to the planters....caused divisions that have become somewhat civilised over the past 20 years and now want to do the same again.....it's a bit like saying America is much better now that the whiteman took it off the Indians.....but the Indians don't see it that way.....

ye loaned us 3.5 billion, we pay 40 mill in interest every six months......we should default and reclaim it for reparations due to Ireland for damages Due since ye occupied us....

• Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, VOON said:

Well ye strippèd all the wealth out of Ireland for 100's of years....so how did we fare better? ... Started the vegan movement when ye made us eat grass in the famine, gave our lands to the planters....caused divisions that have become somewhat civilised over the past 20 years and now want to do the same again.....it's a bit like saying America is much better now that the whiteman took it off the Indians.....but the Indians don't see it that way.....

ye loaned us 3.5 billion, we pay 40 mill in interest every six months......we should default and reclaim it for reparations due to Ireland for damages Due since ye occupied us....

Ok, you could also argue why you actually needed the loan in the first place if you're that capable.

I'm paying interest on my debt, that's the way the world works, don't want to pay interest?, don't borrow the money.

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, VOON said:

I find it a bit hard you blame all the English. Firstly none of us was alive when that all happened. It was the Aristocracy that creamed Ireland, Scotland and kept the common folk down in England. I remember my old man telling me if he didn't tip his cap to the Squire as he rode by his father would be threatened with being kicked out of their house. So mate please don't blame me for something I had no hand in. It was the bloody Aristocracy and probably still is.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, VOON said:

... Started the vegan movement when ye made us eat grass in the famine, .....  Is there any nutritional value in eating grass?  I've got quite a lot of grass. Mind you I'm not a fan of veg.

ye loaned us 3.5 billion, we pay 40 mill in interest every six months......we should default ..

I think the EU want something like £39 billion from us to leave.  I think we should send them a bill for the liberation of europe twice.  this was only finished being paid back in 2006. Although unacceptable im sure Teresa May would love to tow Ireland off out into the Atlantic up near Greenland and pull out the plug. When the good Friday agreement came about no one said to me that would mean that we would be bound hand and foot to Europe and loose control to a bunch of bureacrats who would get our hands into our pockets. Both Ireland and scotland have been dragged out of the mire in the past by England. Some people didn't even have shoes on the islands.

1 hour ago, mackay said:

Ok, you could also argue why you actually needed the loan in the first place if you're that capable.

I'm paying interest on my debt, that's the way the world works, don't want to pay interest?, don't borrow the money.

I have a degree in Financial Management......this is not about debt default....it's really about reneging on agreements....what's good for the goose is good for the gander...

start with Goverment of Ireland act 1920 and follow through to the Good Friday agreement......ye don't want a backstop, yet ye want out.....therefore that means a hard border or the break-up of the UK......May agreed no hard border, so that means.....

1 hour ago, Arry said:

I find it a bit hard you blame all the English. Firstly none of us was alive when that all happened. It was the Aristocracy that creamed Ireland, Scotland and kept the common folk down in England. I remember my old man telling me if he didn't tip his cap to the Squire as he rode by his father would be threatened with being kicked out of their house. So mate please don't blame me for something I had no hand in. It was the bloody Aristocracy and probably still is.

Cheers Arry

No blame apportioned.....it's in the past now....only bothered about the present and the future....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

You seem bitter Voon.

Would you really throw your lot in with Europe?

Not bitter at all....would like Ireland to have a generation or two of peace....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1