24 minutes ago, mackay said:

I've just spent a week in main land Spain and a week in Tenerife, if you removed the Brits from the amount of people that were there they'd be on their bloody knees. 

If it's the tourist areas you were in (Alicante, the sols etc), then that's the norm. It will kill them locally, if these people move or stop coming. It's the untold tens of thousands of Brits that work in Madrid, Barcelona, zaragoza, bilbao, Malaga etc that this country cannot afford to lose. These people bring billions to the economy here.

• Like 1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Correct. Of those nine countries some receive more back in trade within the EU than they  put in.  When they hand the dosh over to Brussels and Brussels then divvies it out to the poorer EU count

If you want to see hatred look at the political left. From antifa to momentum to unite against hate.  We arnt full of hate we are just pissed off.  Being against giving power to the eu isn't

What the latest news has demonstrated is that May's policy of appeasement to the EU was similar to Chamberlain's appeasement towards Hitler in the 1930's. By standing up to the EU and removing any hop

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Many more jobs back then mate . It’s easy to say they will be ok but many of them know nothing else .

I think a lot of people are burying their heads in the sand if they think brexit isn’t going to have a negative impact in the short term and nobody knows how it will go long term. And as usual the people that will really suffer will be the working class.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I think a lot of people are burying their heads in the sand if they think brexit isn’t going to have a negative impact in the short term and nobody knows how it will go long term. And as usual the people that will really suffer will be the working class.

Yep that’s me but fk them eu slags and whatever the consequence 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

It’s far more worrying to stay attached to the corrupt  unelected leeches 

Try telling that to folks with young families that just might lose their jobs and their homes and as wilf said a long time ago it will be brexit it name only and there will be very little change to the status quo. 

On 24/02/2019 at 08:58, sandymere said:

Britain - a global trader after Brexit? A vexing question.

How do leavers explain the fact that British businesses have not been doing far more exporting or importing of goods and services with distant, non-EU, countries over the past 46 years? The EU's not been stopping them, has it? Other countries, like Germany, Italy etc have been doing more than we have.

Furthermore, there've been trade deals agreed between the EU and those countries during that period, with more in the pipeline. And, isn't the DfIT merely attempting to mirror those deals, not extend them?

So, what will change after Brexit? I'm rather puzzled about this.

What will make British and those of the relevant non-EU businesses increase or commence such trading, to make up for any British EU trade losses?

Furthermore, won't British businesses be hampered by the fact that imported components and raw materials from the EU and other countries, which the EU has trade deals with, will, after Brexit, have the additional burden of tariffs and non-tariff red tape and costs?

So, can we have some answers? Thanks.

Why if we are going over a cliff edge after brexit did siemens anounce 200m investment in goole thats after the vote to leave  imports exports we import more than we export  so if they hit us with tarriffs were laughing we do the same its not in their interest to make things we import cost more if they  had markets to sell what we were taking they would be selling to them already

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

I don’t think anybody doesn’t think that short term

everyone who voted out knew short term it would be hard

it was done with the long term in mind

and its now getting to the point where we are being ignored

those who will suffer the most are for the most those who voted out

it couldn’t get much worse for a lot of folks

meanwhile those at the top drink champagne and ignore the plight of the people

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

I don’t think anybody doesn’t think that short term

everyone who voted out knew short term it would be hard

it was done with the long term in mind

and its now getting to the point where we are being ignored

those who will suffer the most are for the most those who voted out

it couldn’t get much worse for a lot of folks

meanwhile those at the top drink champagne and ignore the plight of the people

Be really honest tilimangro but do you think that brexit is going to make a button of difference to the man on the street that voted for it? Because I think it won’t put 1 penny extra in the working mans pocket but it may well take a few out. And as far as immigration goes I genuinely feel the government don’t give a toss about it and they’ll find a way for it to continue. I’m not here to try and shout down anyone’s views because for the most part I totally agree. But I feel that the people who will be worse off and made the biggest sacrifice will have done it in vain because very little will change. 

1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

Be really honest tilimangro but do you think that brexit is going to make a button of difference to the man on the street that voted for it? Because I think it won’t put 1 penny extra in the working mans pocket but it may well take a few out. And as far as immigration goes I genuinely feel the government don’t give a toss about it and they’ll find a way for it to continue. I’m not here to try and shout down anyone’s views because for the most part I totally agree. But I feel that the people who will be worse off and made the biggest sacrifice will have done it in vain because very little will change. 

Personally yes I do think it will make a difference

in the long run 

in a few years people should be better off

Mans I think the majority of people who voted leave felt the same

9 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

Personally yes I do think it will make a difference

in the long run 

in a few years people should be better off

Mans I think the majority of people who voted leave felt the same

When this whole process started I felt the same but now I’m not so sure I guess I’ve just become disillusioned with the whole thing. 

8 hours ago, dogmandont said:

The political elites will make sure little changes. 

That's why we must keep fighting for change. And the first change is brexit. 

• Like 5