Sign in to follow this  
Fred east

Wheaton x greyhounds

3 hours ago, spanielsandhawks said:

Why don’t you put a good seasoned halfx wheaten over your halfx bitch instead, I find halfx to halfx are much better than firstx.   Just a thought 👍🏻  ATB 

O I'm a fan of half crosses myself not seen 2nd generation ones in action but heard get more size 

10 hours ago, Fred east said:

O I'm a fan of half crosses myself not seen 2nd generation ones in action but heard get more size 

what do you think of the 1/4 wheaten 3/4 grey, thought that be good lurcher , would have thought guts in it and not bad stamina with pace, most 1/4 bred of  most xs  make good lurchers. this dog was 1/4 pit 3/4 grey plenty fast enough  not bad wind when fit , catch most stuff you put him on , full on type dog , this was in the 80s

bruce  99.JPG

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, fatlad said:

What size do first cross usually make does it depend on the size of the greyhound used 

Wheatens don’t really vary a whole lot size wise whereas greyhounds can go from about 24” right up to over 30”. So it has to be the greyhound that dictates the size. 

On 11/12/2018 at 17:46, chris a said:

Cause their the best [BANNED TEXT]

You see with greyhounds to breed from most just look for something well bred and decent grade, I would much rather use a gamey type greyhound regardless of grade or how it's bred or where it was bred but that's just me.

• Like 3

Wheaton/bull/grey pup about year old that was gifted to me.. he done everything ive asked of him so far, next season will tell a tale

1746672A-D4D3-423B-B3C3-67EA2A0E72E8.jpeg

46852D0A-D7CA-4028-96C1-470CAC85C635.jpeg

983C3C3C-85F2-434E-B3AA-D40A3A88DB9F.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shovel shy said:

Yea ginger beard. Too a full hound bitch.pups are nice I'll put up a picture tomorrow.

How many did she have.?