Wheaton x greyhounds

22 minutes ago, poxon said:

Dumb question why are most Wheaton greyhounds I see basically bull xs why add bull if the Wheaton greyhound has the X factor 

Theres not as many true genuine wheaton crosses about, i dont mean yokes with 1/12th wheaton or something very little and they calling it a wheaton cross, if it comes to the time that that said wheaton cross is of a standard to breed off it might be easier to find a bull cross worth breeding off as a lot more of them about. Just a theory i might be wrong ?

• Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just as a matter of interest why are most of these first crosses so fecking light boned. and why is every dog with a dash of wheaten in it (alegedly) get called a wheaten cross. long gone but genuine

Posted Images

2 hours ago, poxon said:

Dumb question why are most Wheaton greyhounds I see basically bull xs why add bull if the Wheaton greyhound has the X factor 

not a dumb question, I am not into these types either, but if you want a dog to do the job, you breed best to best regardless of breeding.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, poxon said:

Maby people like the sound of calling it a wheaten cros?

Imo a genuine cross is hard come by theese days! Plenty of men breeding of sub standard un tested dogs for the £! 

Personally I love the cross and wouldn't hasve any other but that's just me?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Could say same about most types with more than one base blood added? Don’t you have collie, terrierx’s? Surely if the collie cross has enough grit then no terrier would need added an same as if the terrier x was a sensible steady sort grafter then why add collie?  It’s swings an roundabouts, an everybody thinks an likes different?

3/32 collie the rest running dog is to over bred an racey for a modern day hunting dog she done really well for me especially on big land on fast gear but the game changed?I wanted a little bit more a little bit smaller dog with a decent coat an a bit of terrier attitude as a out cross I think the collie base blood was stretched to the limits to what I already had what shall I call my dogs collie xs or bedlington xs 1/32 collie 1/4 bedlington wonder what would sell better if I was to breed for money ??. I made the right move by adding a decent bedlington greyhound to the mix it definitely clicked I got what I wanted in a nice little hunting dog that’s doing well for her self.

• Like 1