Wheaton x greyhounds

10 hours ago, Fred east said:

O I'm a fan of half crosses myself not seen 2nd generation ones in action but heard get more size 

what do you think of the 1/4 wheaten 3/4 grey, thought that be good lurcher , would have thought guts in it and not bad stamina with pace, most 1/4 bred of  most xs  make good lurchers. this dog was 1/4 pit 3/4 grey plenty fast enough  not bad wind when fit , catch most stuff you put him on , full on type dog , this was in the 80s

bruce  99.JPG

• Like 6

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just as a matter of interest why are most of these first crosses so fecking light boned. and why is every dog with a dash of wheaten in it (alegedly) get called a wheaten cross. long gone but genuine

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, fatlad said:

What size do first cross usually make does it depend on the size of the greyhound used 

Wheatens don’t really vary a whole lot size wise whereas greyhounds can go from about 24” right up to over 30”. So it has to be the greyhound that dictates the size. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 17:46, chris a said:

Cause their the best [BANNED TEXT]

You see with greyhounds to breed from most just look for something well bred and decent grade, I would much rather use a gamey type greyhound regardless of grade or how it's bred or where it was bred but that's just me.

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...