Wheaton x greyhounds

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just as a matter of interest why are most of these first crosses so fecking light boned. and why is every dog with a dash of wheaten in it (alegedly) get called a wheaten cross. long gone but genuine

Posted Images

3 hours ago, hjckcff said:

just as a matter of interest why are most of these first crosses so fecking light boned. and why is every dog with a dash of wheaten in it (alegedly) get called a wheaten cross. long gone but genuine first cross

IMG_0228.JPG

I’ve noticed that too with so called wheaten crosses maybe 1/64th wheaten gets sold as wheaten cross when there’s more Yorkshire terrier in its make up lol 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, hjckcff said:

just as a matter of interest why are most of these first crosses so fecking light boned. and why is every dog with a dash of wheaten in it (alegedly) get called a wheaten cross. long gone but genuine first cross

IMG_0228.JPG

post-23490-0-00998800-1503162380_thumb.jpgAlso long gone but was far from light boned.

• Like 6
On 15/11/2018 at 21:19, dogmandont said:

It was the fact he said all wheaten crosses don’t change grip which is bollox, and that bull crosses always do which is also bollox and I’ve seen enough of these one grip dogs on fox to know they are as useful as a chocolate fire guard, I want my dog to kill its fox not feckin wrestle with it. 

Totally agree, a good young dog WILL learn. ATB

On 15/11/2018 at 10:06, Fred east said:

Going to use this really big wheaten bitch I have and put to a big Irish coursing greyhound male in future at some point to hopefully breed good size first crosses for myself

IMG_20181108_091626.jpg

Why don’t you put a good seasoned halfx wheaten over your halfx bitch instead, I find halfx to halfx are much better than firstx.   Just a thought ??  ATB 

15 hours ago, hjckcff said:

IMG_0228.JPG

Nice dog but if i didn’t know better I would have said it was a first cross Bedlington.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, spanielsandhawks said:

Why don’t you put a good seasoned halfx wheaten over your halfx bitch instead, I find halfx to halfx are much better than firstx.   Just a thought ??  ATB 

O I'm a fan of half crosses myself not seen 2nd generation ones in action but heard get more size