Am I stepping on toes???

Try this setup. Get a cheap solar light and set it up where the rats are. Figure out a tough rat bait that will last a while and fix it under the light. You can add the good stuff like peanut butter etc whenever you go. They'll get used to the light and you won't even need a torch.

• Like 1

I took over a "perm" that has "visitors" so bunnys and foxes are  very lamp shy be it red ,white ,green or blue luckily the photon takes up the slack .But for rats as Nath said red is king.

There,s also a simple trick to hold em and you can get away without a rifle mounted  lamp.Get a red battery lamp or torch  and aim it at a pile of runny stinky cat /dog food and from a decent vantage point you can blatt them as there,s nowt for them to run off with and under the light you see them clear as a bell atb

Damn Toxo beat me too it same idea different colour :doh:

• Like 3

Well been for a mooch on the new ground with Stavross and Ben the farmer wasn’t wrong.

The crop munchers were all over the place and a good chunk of his rape has been demolished.

Not a bad start to getting rid of the little feckers tonight. An hour and a bit, knocked over 7. 

Seriously considering a night vision scope  because as per usual a lot of them are spooked as soon as the lamp hits them. 

The previous person whos been on must have got the feckers rattled so making my/our job harder. 

Only thing with night vision though is that it take the fun out shooting with a lamp man, so I would only use it if out on my own ( no fun just watching someone shooting into the night ).

Anyway I think Ben will be pleased  that we have started clearing a few.

Weather turned so called it a night.

Back up another day to crack on with clearing some more.?

PS 

The other persons been doing a sh!t job so fook him???

• Like 2

Don’t do it mate.

resist his charms.

i used to be rich, a good family life, handsome and 6’6.

Since meeting Ian and succumbing to nv equipment I’m now poor, no sex life and 5’7 with wrinkles.

on the plus side though I do shoot a hell of a lot more ???

• Haha 1