Am I stepping on toes???

Had a mooch around the farm last night, not a bad night knocked another six over.

Just as I was packing up Ben the farmer came driving down to meet me and took me to another bit of land he farm shares just down the road, approx 30+ acres.

The rabbits have been destroying the rape and the lad the other farmer uses hasn’t been on for months. Needless to say Bens had enough so asked me to sort out the problem and told the other farmer that I’ll be getting rid of them and he was happy for me to do so. 

Hope this doesn’t cause conflict if the other lad turns up, don’t want to step on toes,  but at the end of the day he’s not doing the job. Feel a bit sh!t for taking over someone’s permission though. 

I had a quick look on my way home and the field is jumping literally. 10 minutes 2 more down. It was getting on so left them for another night.

I also got asked about rats but have never done ratting before. Can you lamp rats? Don’t need the extra expense of night vision at the moment. 

• Like 2

Your not stepping on his toes if hes not going, youv been asked by farmer so dont worry about it mate, you can use your lamp for ratts aswell mate no problem before nv kits were affordable everyone used lamps. Nice one with new permission and get some pice up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, big napper said:

Your not stepping on his toes if hes not going, youv been asked by farmer so dont worry about it mate, you can use your lamp for ratts aswell mate no problem before nv kits were affordable everyone used lamps. Nice one with new permission and get some pice up.

Thanks BN, like you say at the end of the day I’ve been asked, just thought I’d see what others thought. If it was me and I couldn’t make it for a while I’d let the farmer know so he knew I wasn’t just giving up and had a valid reason.

Might try my hand at a bit of ratting? it’s all bonus points on the permission ??

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

If he's not a mate then f**k him, you've no loyalty to this other fella. Ya do the job or lose the job. Matey is gonna lose his permission, whether it's to you or someone else.

True BH, It like any job, if you can’t do it you get sacked and replaced.

I don’t know this fella so fook him???