Rare documentary Brian plummer

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was what he was.  Remember his family read what people say on sites like this. His son being a hunting man.  I was always told never to speak ill of the dead. Yet so many authors need to

I suffer with depression myself, and it is a bitch to deal with on many days. Sometimes even getting out of bed to face the world is more than hard work. Not going to go into it too much, as there are

Yea he told a tall tale and maybe dramatised the truth,but let's be honest I haven't read a book that wasn't. Say what you like he lived the way he wanted and I suspect like me as a kid most got

Posted Images

I met him at Lowther Show about 78? Told him I'd got his latest book he was selling, he blanked me cos there was someone else there who was a potential purchaser of the book.

Could tell a tale and certainly entertained and enthused me.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I made quite a bit of money from fox,s back in the day selling pelts to cobbledicks in Cornwall and tracking collars and ear tags to the university, but I never sold a single flox to the Chinese as he claimed though they did buy plenty of fish that used to cover the cost of a boat trip ?

1 hour ago, sid g said:

was another a film a way out of Walsall cant find it though ...

I remember it, about mentoring the boxer cord well hylton who later went on to kidnap his own wife and served time. I went to the school plummer taught in for a talk about rats hosted by plummer and hancock years back when I was around 15.

• Like 3

I like the bit on the Caithness documentary where he is saying about the dangers of Weils disease from rats, and the interviewer asks him if he knows anyone that's died from it, after an awkward silence he says 'Yes, 3 close friends, ??can tell from the look on his face he doesn't even believe the lie he's telling himself. Gave me a chuckle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Chinese don't buy foxes, UK Chinese at any rate, but it made a good tale same as the urban legend of the dog microchip in a takeaway that surfaces every couple of years. 

My area its some guy bites down on a bit of plastic in his chow-mein and trading standards analyse it, belonged to a black lab/Jack russell/Staffy depending who is telling the tale, the Chinese take-away is always closed down and they leave the area. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Sarge1974 said:

How come i can't find his record on BoxRec? ?

I do remember he was a black guy, Google his name in Walsall he did a stretch for kidnap, didn't he die early or something? 

• Like 1
Just now, Sarge1974 said:

I'm talking about Plummer the pro-boxer. ?

I remember his The City breeds culture, the desert breeds men line, rat hunting man I think? I found a load of discrepancies in his books as I got older BUT I bought every one as soon as they came out as a kid or nicked them from the library, and he did once claim his books were the most nicked on library shelves ?

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Sarge1974 said:

I used to have my card but i never took the books back, I'd then try and rejoin the library a few months later when the dust had settled. ?

I was more a full on blatant theft, no panic, easy does it, straight into my school rucksack and nonchalant saunter out of the door with my prize, plummer would turn in his grave at all the lost sales and royalties ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2