Deerhound lurchers

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beautiful picture, what a belter that pup isareal credit to you stonewall,great to know that there is folk like yourself that are keeping this type of lurcher going,do you use any specific strain of deerhound in the breeding of your dogs, not every bodys cup of tea these days, but the ones that I keep these days do all I want from them, had my first ones   aroundthe early 1970s, but nowadays its getting harder to find good working strains of quality deerhounds, pre ban there was some good coursing stock around with deerhound coursing clubs,all the best and good luck.

• Like 2

I have a deerhound bull grey, working wise can’t fault her in any way she’s game, very quick and obedient (most of the time) . 

But she has the strangest temperament, not nasty infact she’s soft as a brush, great with other dogs, very intelligent, and I wouldn’t particularly say stubborn, just has a strange personality. 

Not sure if that’s the deerhound or greyhound trait or her previous owner but if she was a human she wouldn’t have many friends  ?? 

9 hours ago, Micheala Robinson said:

I have a deerhound bull grey, working wise can’t fault her in any way she’s game, very quick and obedient (most of the time) . 

But she has the strangest temperament, not nasty infact she’s soft as a brush, great with other dogs, very intelligent, and I wouldn’t particularly say stubborn, just has a strange personality. 

Not sure if that’s the deerhound or greyhound trait or her previous owner but if she was a human she wouldn’t have many friends  ?? 

That's being aloof  typically deerhound trait.atb bill

• Like 1