One for the tin foil brigade

It's very popular in Sweden. 4000 have done it out of... 9.5 million! :laugh:

The sad fact is that it will probably reach a point where you won't have a job if you don't do it. The usual schpeel will roll out about how secure it is, how convenient it is, and how you can't lose it but does anyone honestly believe that the benefits outweigh what would be the complete abolishing of any form of privacy? Actually, scratch that. No one gives a f*ck.

The article also says the TUC are up in arms about it. Why? Because it will show in real time how much they don't do! Who wants to sit in the bosses office while he pulls up a graph of how much time you spend in the sh*tter on company time? :laugh:

41 minutes ago, Deker said:

This is an obvious technological progression and I suspect this or a similar system will be mandatory at birth soon.

Your 100 percent right they will be pushing for this from birth and the end goal is if you don't conform and play by the rules they can switch you off denying you access to everything from hospitals to your own bank account, I don't look at it as a technological progression but the end game in a long steady con leading to total state  control  of everyone's life, the foundations for this have been laid by everyone carrying an iPhone, followed by iPhone with fingerprint recognition then retina scanning, 99.9 percent of people now consider it perfectly OK to carry a device round that logs your every move and makes it impossible to say it was not you because you used your finger or eyeball to operate it so why not get a chip, the argument they will use while everyone signs away there civil liberty,s is, if you don't have nothing to hide you don't have nothing to worry about, apart from loosing any freedom you may have, I,d sooner loose a hand   ✌️??

55 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

The chips can move and end up causing issues my mates Mrs had a inplant and when she went to get it took out it wasn't there they had to go searching and had moved from her bicept area to round near under her armpit and the docs said she was lucky really they found it when they did 

R lasses coil must have shifted too, every time I plug it in now her eyes light up ?

• Haha 1

Not to bring it up again, but we had this row in the God thread, make of it what you will.

The book of revelation written by john the bapist, which God had told john to write down to which what will happen in the last days before jesus returns.

This is just a verse go read whole lot if your interested.

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Francie said:

Not to bring it up again, but we had this row in the God thread, make of it what you will.

No worries, mate! That was an entertaining series of threads! Interesting book too although over the years that passage has been brought out against social security numbers, bank accounts, credit cards, etc.

Personally I don't think we'll ever reach the stage where they are mandatory but like now when you don't have a mobile phone, or a debit/credit card, etc it'll just make transactions in the modern world extremely difficult up to borderline impossible. One thing that humanity has shown us over history, and even very recent history, is that when economies fail barter systems spring up immediately and trade between people continues virtually unhindered. Granted cans of beans probably isn't the best retirement account but there will always be a segment of society that will refuse to conform. I won't be going full tin-foil just yet.

A Frenchman that I knew said that in France before the war there were an amount of gypsies who were stateless.  The French government decided to give them citizenship and papers. When the Germans took over and decided to round up the gypos the job had ben done for them . they knew names, faces and where they were. Personal ID. will eventually become a reality because of computers, and the percieved need for protection from terrorism. But like a key or ownership of an item the ownership can change from one person or company or country. Back when there were tied cottages on farm houses or estates if they didnt like you the family could be out on the road at the end of the day.