The apprentices first outing

neil b

My youngster has been pestering me for a while for a day out with the ferrets, throughout the summer he’s helped with the cleaning out and general up keep, so today we had a spot in mind that we could access handy enough, after a brief chat with the keeper we headed off only to find the farmer hadn’t moved cattle off the intended fields so with that out the window we moved onto a gully with a few likely looking places, only for Nell to mark one of the warrens, a quick 2 and that was that, the fog had dropped in making visibility next to non, my young helper was keen to see more action so we drove abit further on and set off once more now the rain had started but this didn’t dampen his enthusiasm we had 5 more from various warrens, on meeting my mate he had 6 and just netted up a big warren so we stopped off here to lend a hand, another 3 went into the bag, not intent on calling it a day we saw a few rabbits drop into a warren covered in bracken, with a mix of longnets and purse nets we had another 8 making the total for today 23, not bad for his first outing 264637F9-1AC2-42F5-ACA1-D9F7243C8545.jpeg.e41f4bd1bbddd60501791527e9aa632b.jpeghe is already planning his next outing with us. Cheers for now Neil b and his apprentice 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...