Day out tomorrow - short notice

wilbs

Maybe tomorrow i have a nice easy ferreting job and need extra pair of hands for other side of the hedge if it's not tomorrow it will definitely be next Sunday. Close to Derby - no idiots please!

I have all the gear but you are welcome to bring your own ferrets and you can have the bunnies we get. If we get on it can be a regular thing. We should get 10-15 bunnies in a couple of hours and can park right next to the sets. If anyone is interested please PM me

• Like 1

Hopefully someone decent will take up the offer, problem is nowadays people end up going back so you are limited to where you can take them until you can trust them. Have got plenty of places to go but getting someone reliable and trustworthy is a problem. I end up taking my kids most of the.time but they can end up getting bored after a few hours. It's a cracking place to give your dog a run as they are right out the dog would need to be 100% stock trained 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

That was about 2 months ago pal, had quite a few bunnies and there was one area of the permission that I think VHD has affected it as a few of the sets were dead and covered in leaves etc. Usually all of the sets you would normally get a few out of as I don't go there very often. My friend the farmer told me that it had been on the news that there had been cases of VHD in the area and normally you see a lot of hares running about but only saw a few and they now reckon that it may now be affecting hares too.

• Like 1

Shame you weren't a bit closer be a good do for my little lad I've stacks of perm but no ferrets anymore don't get out enough to justify owning them still got all the gear nets knocker boxes might get ferrets again when lads older.

• Thanks 1

Thanks mate that's a very good offer very decent of you. I'm quite lucky to have quite a few permissions around and about to go at but if you want to organise any days out up your end I would be more than happy to have a drive up and join you and your little lad for a days ferreting and hopefully I can return the favour.

I don't mind travelling as do a lot of driving with work, family and rabbiting etc. 

If ever you want to arrange anything just drop us a PM.

Wilbs