Bulking out the meat

What does everyone use to bulk out the meat got my dogs on the usual stuff mince chicken tripe beef etc chicken legs fish and they do well on it the reason am asking is recently got a new pup and he’s eating the same amount as my older dog and with limited freezer space only got a small chest freezer in the shed and don’t have room for another and it’s hard to find the time to be going to get meat all the time I like to get at least a good months worth in at a time I was wondering what’s best to mix with the raw a dry food? Or something like pasta or rice? The cost isn’t the problem just getting the time to keep restocking the freezer. Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

On 10/11/2018 at 14:38, lamp_post said:

What does everyone use to bulk out the meat got my dogs on the usual stuff mince chicken tripe beef etc chicken legs fish and they do well on it the reason am asking is recently got a new pup and he’s eating the same amount as my older dog and with limited freezer space only got a small chest freezer in the shed and don’t have room for another and it’s hard to find the time to be going to get meat all the time I like to get at least a good months worth in at a time I was wondering what’s best to mix with the raw a dry food? Or something like pasta or rice? The cost isn’t the problem just getting the time to keep restocking the freezer. Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Would one of the stand up freezers  suit you better if your confined to space. They are similar to a fridge freezer in shape but freeze all the way up. Most of the single high Coca Cola or milk type fridge can turn the thermostat down to freezing and would hold a months worth of meat. You would pick them up on DoneDeal second hand. I've a double door milk fridge    that held two 10 point red deer stags at same time that were dressed and cut in 6 pieces on the bone which must of been over 100 to 150 kilos guessing.

Edited by jiggy