Tryed the new viper

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a new permission at a farm shop yesterday, bought a nitesite viper a few months ago and tryd it tonight at the new perm, got there at 4pm and shot some ferrals as they came in to roost, when it go

Well done getting the new perm` John                                                                                                                 ----                                              T

I have both the Viper and Wolf units and have to say the Viper is brilliant at closer range as the light is not so critical whereas the Wolf is twitchy close in but really comes into it's own when we

Posted Images

6 hours ago, big napper said:

If your useing that gun just for night shooting get a photon matty youl be happy with it mate, if you use it for day and night get a one of the nitesites (viper, wolf, ect)

It's night time shooting only at golf course and at my horse paddock perm so think will have a look at the photons 

? ? Thanks for all the advice. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, big napper said:

Cheers matty the viper is great pal, iv had a few photons and addons but i think for me because i shoot a lot in the day aswell that the viper is the best thing ive used so far, just takes a minit to put on the scope and your away.

Good luck with the viper, I must say the nv007 has really connected with me it is a good bit of kit, although I’m still tempted on a n355

• Like 1
10 hours ago, matty thud said:

It's night time shooting only at golf course and at my horse paddock perm so think will have a look at the photons 

? ? Thanks for all the advice. 

A few people on here have mentioned the addonite nv, from CRS supposed to be a great add-on... 

Well done BN on the new perm, I love shooting rats and ferals and the Nitesite in my mind is the best for the job particularly when I am shooting with loads od rubbish lying around and of course pallets. It is just comfortable to scan the area without the gun held up to the eye all the time. Just my take on it and I know many prefer other methods so it is what suits that individual I guess.

Oh yes, nice shooting BN

Phil

• Like 1

I have both the Viper and Wolf units and have to say the Viper is brilliant at closer range as the light is not so critical whereas the Wolf is twitchy close in but really comes into it's own when we need a bit more distance.

I have my Viper in for repair to a local guy to fit a new screen and whilst he has it, I have bought a 16mm lens which he is fitting. This gives full screen image which I think will make picking up the rats that bit easier and the lens was only £2.99 so fingers crossed.

Phil

• Like 2

No the lens goes inside the camera unit. you split the camera at the joint after removing the small screws and unscrew the 12mm lens that comes as standard and scew in the new 16mm lens.

Someone is putting together a youtube vid on how to do it and when that has been done for another forum, I will ask if I can show it on here and if not, I will direct you to the thread on that forum.

Here is the lens link:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16mm-CCTV-Camera-Fixed-Board-Lens-For-1-3-Security-CCD/312231342262?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Phil

• Like 1