The old way!

That looks good. Because the game dealer isn’t paying for birds now , I’m taking more home . I’m breasting them and plucking them , and generally having them instead of chicken . I can’t believe I’ve not done this more before, just laziness on my part I suppose. I’ve been buying curry jars from Lidle which are nice , but just a simple casserole is my favourite. And you can’t beat some fresh buttered bread with it . I also do a mean “coq au vin “, pheasant is perfect for it .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Underdog said:

Enjoying my birds ?

IMG-20181111-175316124.jpg

So inspired by UD and having a day off, I’ve had a little walk out this morning and bagged myself a couple of pheasants, made myself a pheasant and spinach curry, two fat cock birds going into one fat northern lad ?

9C49D761-3BEB-4048-A1C9-2EE9482E83CA.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Stavross said:

So inspired by UD and having a day off, I’ve had a little walk out this morning and bagged myself a couple of pheasants, made myself a pheasant and spinach curry, two fat cock birds going into one fat northern lad ?

I’m so glad you put birds after the cock?

• Haha 3
43 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

I’m so glad you put birds after the cock?

15 hours ago, Stavross said:

Everyone should eat more game . I’m saving a few bob too . 

• Like 2
On 12/11/2018 at 06:23, shovel leaner said:

That looks good. Because the game dealer isn’t paying for birds now , I’m taking more home . I’m breasting them and plucking them , and generally having them instead of chicken . I can’t believe I’ve not done this more before, just laziness on my part I suppose. I’ve been buying curry jars from Lidle which are nice , but just a simple casserole is my favourite. And you can’t beat some fresh buttered bread with it . I also do a mean “coq au vin “, pheasant is perfect for it .

Because i was looking at a few options i took a entire bag home from a shoot on Saturday being a bit greedy i took 30 too many and couldn't freeze them there still hanging in the garage and will feed the ferrets for a couple of weeks , but with 200 ducks , pheasants and partridges ive got enough to try a few dishes or feed the ferrets well into the summer and sell what few rabbits we get this year . i cant believe the guns only took a brace each there where people arriving to get 2/3 brace at the end of the shoot , i really felt sorry for the poor keeper 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, The one said:

Because i was looking at a few options i took a entire bag home from a shoot on Saturday being a bit greedy i took 30 too many and couldn't freeze them there still hanging in the garage and will feed the ferrets for a couple of weeks , but with 200 ducks , pheasants and partridges ive got enough to try a few dishes or feed the ferrets well into the summer and sell what few rabbits we get this year . i cant believe the guns only took a brace each there where people arriving to get 2/3 brace at the end of the shoot , i really felt sorry for the poor keeper 

Yeah, makes me laugh.

A line of guns killing any amount of driven birds but couldn't care less about what happens to them after the day but let me put a picture up of a rifled one, catties one or even arrowed for the pot and they all want to flogg me!

Hypocrites.

Caveats....not all shoots are the same.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Yeah, makes me laugh.

A line of guns killing any amount of driven birds but couldn't care less about what happens to them after the day but let me put a picture up of a rifled one, catties one or even arrowed for the pot and they all want to flogg me!

Hypocrites.

Caveats....not all shoots are the same.

It’s sad that most shoots are like this now even the private syndicates, we were left with a few on our first day, I have no bother finding a home for them but I think if you want to shoot them you should give them the respect they deserve and us what you have shot, if you just want to stand there and shoot at something piss off and go and shoot clays

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1