The Tigers of scotland

5 hours ago, Greyman said:

Hybridisation with domestics is the biggest threat,two things in there favour is they are easily bred and though they are called Scottish wildcats I think it's a species found across Europe so fresh blood could be found if needed, here,s a real wild one though as said probably not 100 percent pure, but living free in Scotland 

image.jpeg

That's Hamish Mc tavish's old farmyard Tom, I'd recognise it anywhere.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

You've obviously not done a lot of gamekeeping..... ?

That would be correct. Lol. But when someone’s first thought is what about the poults when talking about an endangered species then absolutely Fcuk the poults. Game keeping is an exercise in money making and money saving not wildlife management as some would have you believe. I await the backlash. lol.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

That would be correct. Lol. But when someone’s first thought is what about the poults when talking about an endangered species then absolutely Fcuk the poults. Game keeping is an exercise in money making and money saving not wildlife management as some would have you believe. I await the backlash. lol.

2m5oy5.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Commercial shoots are indeed about making money but for every one of them there are farm shoots (like I work on) where nobody makes any money. The fringe benefits to other wildlife are massive whether intentional or not.

• Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Commercial shoots are indeed about making money but for every one of them there are farm shoots (like I work on) where nobody makes any money. The fringe benefits to other wildlife are massive whether intentional or not.

Unless the wildlife is predatory of course. Then it will happily be hunted to extinction. Lol. 

Watched it last night as seen about it on here ,thought it was boring tbh an I like wildcats 

though I did learn something I thought the lynx would drive out the smaller cats or kill them ,but they say the lynx will happily cohabit and benefit as they will keep roe numbers down, so trees can thrive providing the dense habitat the wildcats need ?

• Like 1

The Lynx was here fitting in with British wildlife for 1000 s of years, I don't agree with a lot of the rewilding that goes on as there are a lot of things they don't consider but one thing it has shown is nature is much more capable of sorting out the balance than we are, as in otters have decimated mink populations and consequently boosted the water vole population and pine martins are doing a better job of removing grey squirrels then we have done in years and a side effect of that is reds are doing better, sadly Lynx eat a lot more rabbits than deer but they m y have to adapt to a food supply that's in massive abundance ??