The Tigers of scotland

An awesome documentary that really highlights some interesting facts, also goes into detail on what they're doing to help along side game keepers. Not going to lie it really does increase my doubt on the chances of they're being a breeding population of big cats; the struggles to see a cat they know is native, its location and solid evidence of territories. 

Screenshot_20181108-225341.jpg

• Like 2

Nice animal and lovely to see but can't really see any correlation between them and bigger cats being native, had two different Scottish wild cats last year on trail cams , caught them several times but it looks like the same two, possibly have a dash of domestic in them as many do but a nice surprise non the less  ?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

the cat at the bottom doesnt look amused in the slightest

That's its "just try it if ya think I'm sweet" face.

Seen the ones at the Highland wildlife park near Kingussie, they have a few and doing stuff to conserve them in big cages?

• Like 2

Hybridisation with domestics is the biggest threat,two things in there favour is they are easily bred and though they are called Scottish wildcats I think it's a species found across Europe so fresh blood could be found if needed, here,s a real wild one though as said probably not 100 percent pure, but living free in Scotland 

image.jpeg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Hybridisation with domestics is the biggest threat,two things in there favour is they are easily bred and though they are called Scottish wildcats I think it's a species found across Europe so fresh blood could be found if needed, here,s a real wild one though as said probably not 100 percent pure, but living free in Scotland 

image.jpeg

Had to be a hybrid to have spots according to that documentary

• Like 1