Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My g fathers badger digging j russells.

Jim finished now, good dog to have around

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

This tiny bitch is a cracker...

received_2188776141390930.jpeg

Cracking stamp we had a dog and bitch very like her were excellent bushers ratters and earth dogs.1 problem we had with these little workers were there ears took some hammering from the cover  they never cared much thou.

• Like 1

Use to have these type with the queen ann legs in the early 80s , great little knock about dogs  hard as nails , we used to get all over with out a care in the world walking for miles 

No fancy lines just local gooduns to gooduns , love to turn the clocks back lol

• Like 10
2 hours ago, mighty celt said:

Cracking stamp we had a dog and bitch very like her were excellent bushers ratters and earth dogs.1 problem we had with these little workers were there ears took some hammering from the cover  they never cared much thou.

Her ears are the same MC and she dont give a flying feck about them or much else bar work either.

We have a real mixed bag of terriers in our team, from quality digging dogs to strange combo's like my cockerbull but she has an attitude and style like nothing else there and which i've only seen in the same type Russells 30+ years ago.

From Dan Russell's 1948 Working Terriers. There were loads of these types about when I was younger but never thought to photograph them. Pets mostly and the bigger, leggier  Russell and Lakeland types were what people were working even then.

001.jpg

• Like 5
46 minutes ago, keith j said:

Some great pics lads, worked these little dogs in eighties and nineties to all that was available to us. Got load pictures tucked away in albums try sort few out ..atb Keith J 

20181028_194605.jpg

Great years them 80's Keith lol. My van got reported by some woods once. Copper came around were you after badgers. Nope, ok thank you bye. Great days :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1