Longnetting at night

smithie

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s all about getting out Fred , numbers are a bonus to me. I have a lovely drop not too far from home and a 20 min walk saw me at the bottom of a bank . On the other side of the bank is a 10acr

Only five but it was good to be out with a likeminded chap.

Fred.. it’s thl mate, there are a lot of folk doing a lot of things which they don’t post about.. they can’t do with the bitching and clowns that frequent thl ,it’s a shame cos there were some very kn

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Our team said:

Don't. Understand. Sorry 

You talk about netting too much. Do some and  you eventually get a hole in you net...

And fook that netting at dusk cos your scarred of the dark. Get out and get it done at night.

3 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Ok let’s humer him... Morris , if the rabbit Warren was behind you in a railway banking and the rabbits came out to feed from the Warren into a 100 acre pasture .. where would you place your nets and at what time of day/night ?.

I leave mine at home cos I quit..  now I'm internet hunter

• 3 months later...
On 22/01/2019 at 19:27, wilbs said:

Gay people in general seem to have good personalities and each to their own but I couldn't lie next to them and watch it ......now lesbians that's a different matter now we're talking. You do see some stuff when you are out and about at night 

Once saw a couple of travelling lads tipping a load of pvc fascia on a country lane the one in the van booted it and his mate went flying out the back and landed on the fascia. Ended up having the crack with them they put it all back on the van and chucked it out somewhere else.

Turned up to do some long netting one night and someone was already there, they saw us and ran off and left behind their long nets and about 10 rabbits. We were there for quite a while but they never came back. I don't mind if i see young lads out getting a few bunnies when they don't have permission I used to.do it myself years ago., I remember a couple of occasions when I have looked up whilst out ferreting to find a shotgun pointed at my head lol.  Most farmers years ago just used to say knock on my bloody door next time and I will allow you on ferreting 

Most people forget that they were young once!!

1 hour ago, The one said:

Rubber O rings perish  in sun light better paying the extra and buying the proper grommets from magnum trap company 

better being a old fart like me and sticking with traditional. 

• Like 1