Another weekend, another look out

Guest Keeps

Guest Lurcherbitch
LB I was clarty & soggy up to my knees from the bog, ripped my trousers on the barbed wire when I got stuck on the fence  :unsure: & got stung to bits  :cry:  :icon_redface:  only Im not gonna put up any pics of that am I  :rolleyes:  :11:

PMSL.........Glad i'm not the only ladette on here ;) :11: :11:

Yes shes a plummer Hywell & she loves rabbiting.  I can't fault them as bushing dogs.  I've have had JR's all my life (still have one) and I rate plummers way above them.  They use their noses well and are excellent dogs at finding game.  All my dogs bush alongside lurchers, but the plummers really do excel at it.

The one in the pics is a good all round dog, she even goes on a beating line & my sons taught her to check his traps for him, the lazy bugger  :11:

Thanks Keeps :good: Gives me something to consider in the future.......

• 2 weeks later...
Brilliant post n pics :good: . But how the hell do you keep so clean :icon_eek: , i only have to walk out the front door n i'm covered in muck :11: .

Keep em coming girl ;)

Just for you LB, to show you I sometimes get a bit mucky :11:

lb.jpg

1.jpg

I even got dragged through a hedge backwards :blink:

As usual,- great photos and post,- and it gets folk itching to get out again with the dogs and ferrets. This is what the site is all about.

Just one hunting tip Keeps,- Turn-ups in your trousers,- very handy for the shorter

legs. :11: Enjoyed your post very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Keeps.....Not hyjacking your post or anything (or repeating myself :blink: ).....but tried the hob at the tender age of 4 months to a couple of holes on my permission last weekend, the jill stayed at home (she's still a bit small and might get a hiding from a big buck) didn't expect much at that age but you have to start somewhere!

Out for 2 hours,

Got 3 good sized bunnies: 2 bolted nicely in the nets, and one was picked by my dog from a unnetted hole (missed it ). No action shots (only got poxy mobile cam, and was quite busy on my own)

The hob who worked. He really enjoyed it!

rabbit_1.jpg

The jill stayed at home...her time will come

rabbit_2.jpg

Dog having a rest after good marking and letting one not escape!

rabbit_3.jpg

Think he's done really well for the first time!