The New Defender...

2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I can say mine's never left me stranded (other than one snow drift :icon_redface:) but in the time I've had it it's needed a new rear diff and clutch amongst a few other minor things. I wish it had a low range box otherwise I can't say it's a bad motor. 

If the new Defender is an improved, more utilitarian, version of that I'd be interested. Unfortunately I'm reading stuff about air suspension and hybrid engines, lol.

Air ride and English weather are not a good mix as the bags perish to quickly hence many x5 bmw,s have been converted back to coil,s looks cool on fast and loud but reality is different when your driving in liquid salt for 5 months a year 

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't see any oil underneath it so I reckon this is fake news.

When Massey ferguson reintroduce the 135 it will beat it for comfort ,speed , reliability and function.

short bodied chunky disco

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

Air ride and English weather are not a good mix as the bags perish to quickly hence many x5 bmw,s have been converted back to coil,s looks cool on fast and loud but reality is different when your driving in liquid salt for 5 months a year 

The ride quality is way better on air but it's just another expensive thing that I don't need from a motor. 

7 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

The ride quality is way better on air but it's just another expensive thing that I don't need from a motor. 

I drive a 1975 leaf spring 109 series 3 mate so ride quality is,nt something I worry about to much, I think the suspension moved once when I tipped it into a ditch, ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I prefer the defender 110, bought that 8 months before they stopped making them, but then our new rangey is a comfy ride an even at 3l twin turbo does more mpg than the 2.2 puma, defender seems to do better out the Moor though, the defender was only £35,000 an the rangey £85,000 lot of car for the money, defenders hold thier money better though. Conventional landys all the way for me an would still buy defenders it they were available, have to stick with an old motor now though, wouldn't touch that new monstrosity!

IMG_20181025_083948(1).jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gav said:

I prefer the defender 110, bought that 8 months before they stopped making them, but then our new rangey is a comfy ride an even at 3l twin turbo does more mpg than the 2.2 puma, defender seems to do better out the Moor though, the defender was only £35,000 an the rangey £85,000 lot of car for the money, defenders hold thier money better though. Conventional landys all the way for me an would still buy defenders it they were available, have to stick with an old motor now though, wouldn't touch that new monstrosity!

IMG_20181025_083948(1).jpg

Always worth buying Landrovers two at a time Gav , you have to be really unlucky for them both to be in the garage at the same time ...?....? 

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, sussex said:

Always worth buying Landrovers two at a time Gav , you have to be really unlucky for them both to be in the garage at the same time ...?....? 

Never had any bother, don't normally keep them over two years, only the defender now I'll keep an if anything does go wrong just pay some mug to get dirty ? it's four years old now 22,000 miles and only ever had to wax oil it, now I've opened my mouth though it'll drop to bits going up the river later ?

• Like 1